'69 Vintage Conn Elkart 88H

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Mallyl, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Mallyl

Mallyl New Member

I recently bought this brilliant trombone from a professional in Germany. He had it shipped in from the US where the father of the owner had sold the instrument to a rock & roll shop as he didn't know where else to take it.
    You will see from the photos that it is in incredible original condition, not having had much use in it's life. It is hard to believe this 'bone is a '69 model. The case is also in excellent condition!
    I have found that as much as I love it, I cannot fill it and it is a waste to store away.
    If there is sufficient interest I will sell this fantastic instrument.
    But please bear in mind I will not let this go for peanuts.
    I feel you will not find a better example of this instrument at this age.
    I don't buy or sell rubbish, so be assured this is genuine.
    Send me a PM for pics, but only if you are very serious please!

2. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

What is it though? 88H? 8H? 6H?

3. Mallyl

Mallyl New Member

As stated in the title..... it's an 88H, or is it not printed on your screen?

4. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

The truncated title only goes as far as 'Elkhart'...., but it does say 88H when you go into the thread itself! Sorry I didn't see that.

What sort of price are you looking for?

5. Mallyl

Mallyl New Member

No problem, I would like to get my money back, so I am starting at £1800, and see how the interest goes,
    regards
    Mally.

6. Mallyl

Mallyl New Member

1969 Conn Elkhart 88H Bb/F Tenor Trombone

I hope this extra info helps

1969 Conn Elkhart 88H Bb/F Tenor Trombone s/n M22xxx

I recently bought this brilliant trombone from a professional in Germany. He had it shipped in from the US where the father of the owner had sold the instrument to a rock & roll shop as he didn't know where else to take it.
    You will see from the photos that it is in incredible original condition, not having had much use in it's life. It is hard to believe this 'bone is a '69 model. The case is also in excellent condition!
    I have found that as much as I love it, I cannot fill it and it is a waste to store away.
    If there is sufficient interest I will sell this fantastic instrument.
    But please bear in mind I will not let this go for peanuts.
    I feel you will not find a better example of this instrument at this age.
    I don't buy or sell rubbish, so be assured this is genuine.
    Send me a PM for pics, but only if you are very serious please!

7. Bones

Bones Member

Hi,

just as an aside, I have seen this hooter, and mint condition does not describe it. In top notch. FOr anyone wanting to buy a brand new Conn 88H the RRP in all music shops is £1995. Save yourself a few hundred and invest in an Elkhart.

Hope is sells soon Mally.

Rich

8. Mallyl

Mallyl New Member

Cheers Rich, nothing like recommendation from one who knows, many thanks
    Regards
    Mally