6 Nations Predictions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by persins, Jan 31, 2006.

Who will win the 6 Nations 2006?

1. England

22 vote(s)
  2. Ireland

3 vote(s)
  3. Scotland

4 vote(s)
  4. Wales

14 vote(s)
  5. France

11 vote(s)
  6. Italy

3 vote(s)
  1. persins

persins Member

There might already be something of this nature which I haven't seen but...

What are people's predictions for the upcoming 6 nations?

I'm going to be missing numerous games again this year due to contests and rehearsals. I actually had to turn down Twickenham tickets this weekend cos of Yeovil.
  2. dyl

dyl Active Member

Can't see anyone taking it from the French this year. Don't think Wales have much chance of retaining the trophy, let alone the Grand Slam, with the amount of injuries they have to contend with. :(
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I think Wales' opening game will be crucial to their prospects this year: if they can come away with a result, despite their injury worries and other absentees, then I wouldn't bet against them doing well. If they get taken to the cleaners then the French may well clean up, so long as they can keep thier discipline.
  4. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Making excuses already, Dyl?

How Liverpudlian....;)
  5. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Well, as usual this year is Ireland's year..
  6. dyl

dyl Active Member

It's called being realistic Will....................
  7. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Even though my Mrs. just brought me back an England kit, I'll have to go with Wales.
  8. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Plus that dope Henson got himself suspended for elbowing:mad:

Looks like France, possible England if they get a good start. 10 quid says Dallaglio doesn't stay on the bench for long...
  9. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

France - Should be easy for them provided they start their matches well
    Ireland - One or two niggly injuries and possible problems from their senior players
    England - Slowly getting better but very inconsistant
    Wales - Full of injures, illness and suspensions
    Scotland - Not a good all round squad
    Italy - Will give Scotland a good run for their money.
  10. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

France are due a good run of form in the 6 nations, but you never know with them. Some days it seems to be what mood they are in as to whether they play amazing free flowing rugby or just look average and bored. Think they might do it this time.

Hoping England will be back towards there best, but should be close between them Wales and Ireland. Scotland and Italy to fight it out for the wooden spoon...
  11. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Can't see anyone stopping France. England second
  12. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Ireland and France may be interchangeable though. However I would prefer the Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys to come last. ;)
  13. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

This is gonna hurt:
    1. France
    2. England
    3. Ireland
    4. Wales
    5. Italy
    6. Scotland
    Probably totally wrong. I can't see anyone beating France to the title, but they might lose a game so I'm not sure this will be a Grand Slam year. England and Ireland are pretty close together, but for different reasons - Ireland have injuries, England struggle to be consistant. I've put Wales 4th basically due to Henson's early suspension, and their injury problems. As for last - I guess it comes down to who wins Scotland v Italy, personally I can see Italy winning that one this year.
  14. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

1. France
    2. England
    3. Wales
    4. Ireland
    5. Italy
    6. Scotland
    Heart says England, Head says France. Sadly Andy Robinson doesn't seem to have a clue, we should be picking young talent like Voyce, Lund, Van Gisbergen, Forrester ... etc and building a future not simlpy going for the "safe" option when the "safe" option a) isn't on top form, b) plays a forward based game which has been sussed out and then some, c) Probably won't be around for much longer.

Wales don't have the depth in squad to cope with all the injuries and suspensions but I think passion will give them the edge over ireland.
  15. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Count me in with your preciction on the above:clap:
  16. midwalesman

midwalesman Member

Cymru am byth! Gall rhywun cymryd y dyn allan o Cymru ond ddim Cymru allan o'r dyn.

"Mae Hen Wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi, Gwlad Beirdd a chantorion enwogion o fri"

Never mind the injuries, never mind the result lets see teams playing open, attractive rugby and not have teams that are reliant on their pack to steam roll down the middle because they can't do anything else....

Mae pob un eisiau'r Saeson colli!

lmao ;-)
  17. dyl

dyl Active Member

18. tinytimp

tinytimp Member

Couldn't agree more! :biggrin:

As much as I'd love to say Wales will take it again, realistically I think this will be France's year. I agree with what's already been said that Saturday's game will be crucial for Wales, if we can nail that one it'll be a good foundation. A top 3 finish would be about right.
  19. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Oh I see!! That meant something?!?!? I thought you were clearing your throat!

I'm afraid the Jocks are set for the wooden spoon again, I voted for Wales to win it tho, more out of hope than anything else in the absence of a realistic Scottish hope. Just so long as it's not England or France. :(
  20. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

I Just watched the Rugby! (it doesnt happen very often!) And i have since text every welsh person i know!! :)

Anyway, the reason for my post doesnt actually involve the result, it's more about something the commentator said during the game.

Is that really a word?!! It made me giggle! :)