4th sect results

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by imthemaddude, Sep 11, 2004.

1. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

well done L&SC and Potters Bar :woo good to see my best friends local band win.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2004
  2. HBB

HBB Active Member

Finally! A L&SC Band wins the nationals! :)
  3. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

Well done Matlock on 5th place.
  4. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Great to see a London and Southern Counties winner! Well done Potters Bar!

Some great results for the West of England too! Well done to Pillowell (2nd), AW Parker (Drybrook) (10th) and Bratton Silver (15th)!!

:D :D :D
  5. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

6. Janet Watkins

Janet Watkins Member

7. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

He'll be proud of that :p
  8. HBB

HBB Active Member

hehe, well done DP! :)
  9. groovy

groovy Active Member

Well done all! :D
    I have to say I found the 4br band by band comments hilarious! Was I the only one?
    "What are you on basses? Pass them round! The horse has bolted though and there's no way back!"
    "the last movement was like giving birth to a triplets!"
    "It's a little bit stodgy - too much hash in the cake?"
    "This is going like a 10 dollar madam in a brothel"
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    but as I say, well done to all bands who competed esp tmpers!!! And as suspected my predictions were way off the mark - but it was basically a lucky dip.
  10. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

well done to all at Matlock band, really proud of yer !!
  11. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Thank you. However, whilst it might have been a Werthers Original in the slow movement, it made up for the fact that there were several 'polo mints with razor blades' moments in my playing elsewhere in the piece! I woul;d have thought after 19 years contesting that nerves wouldn't affect me too much but they did on Saturday for some reason!

Still, it was great to bump into Crawford (2nd man down), but all too briefly. We were hoping to meet up later in the day but couldn't find him! In the end, the band got dragged off onto a commiseratory p**s up down the pub!

Also great to bump into and have a chat with straightmute! Top man!

Never mind the result, the organisation and the whole weekend was really enjoyable so thank you to all concerned and particularly Harrogate Band and conductor for taking the time to check over all the bands who rehe***** their bits and bobs in the bandroom or the nearby school. I haven't enjoyed a contest that much in a long time despite the result! Thank you all!
  12. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Seems like I'll have to use 'practice' instead of 'rehearse'..... ;-)
  13. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

The bleeper is a bit sensitive isn't it?

Anyway back on topic - well done Matlock on coming 5th, hope you all had a good celebration!
  14. Jasonp

Jasonp Member

Nice one

On behalf of Staines I'd like to congratulate Potters Bar on an awsome win for the L&SC area. Well done. I'd sack Richard Cregan though if I were you, he's rubbish...ha ha ha (very good friend of mine)
  15. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Member

He did admit to me afterwards to making a "mistake" while on stage!!!!! shock! He should be brought up on a charge for that I would say, although he did buy me a beer so we'll have to let him off!

I spent the weekend in Harrogate with the Potters Bar crowd (Mrs Q played Sop with them!!) and I have to say they are a top bunch of banders who thoroughly deserved the result!! (I heard bands 6 to 12)
    I don't think I've ever seen a band so shocked at winning a competiton. They have come such a long way in such a short time. It is a credit to their organisation and their dedication and of course their talented MD!
    It was nice to drink from the 4th section trophy again (funnily enough, it was filled with Trophy bitter!!).. both Mrs Q and myself won it with Manx Concert Brass back in 1996 (when I played sop with them!!)
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2004
  16. Di B

Di B Member

You would have been proud of us at the bar aftewrwards, that for certain! Even I had to retire before the celebrations finished! (I blame it on old age nowadays!) Some of our band certainly got trollied!!! :)

We were happy with the result, but did ideally want to get something silver to take home. We will work on qualifying again for next years finals now!

Congrats to Rushden and Newhall too. I think that the Midlands put on a good show with us all getting respectable placings :)
  17. Lucky Beaver

Lucky Beaver Member

Congrats to Grange Moor getting 3rd. Great performance!

Also to Matlock's bass trom. Some class playing!!
  18. Di B

Di B Member

roflmao! Yep, he was on form - you should hear the recording we purchased!!

I'll pass on your comments to Dave tonight - I'm sure he will be pleased :)
  19. Keith Stanley James Lever

Keith Stanley James Lever Supporting Member

While your at it Di send my regards as well.....
  20. youngman

youngman Member

Some of us managed to stay up till the death on saturday unlike others !
    A great evening with the Pemberton crowd.
    I seem to have lost a lot of money somewhere in the bar ??!!
    As for being trollied, it was more a spot of late night shopping
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2004