4BR Special Award

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by WorldofBrass.com, Dec 17, 2003.

1. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Congratulations! :D

3. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Congratulations World Of Brass :D :guiness

Keep up the good work....
    Look forward to the next Euro DVD especially.

:wink:

4. WorldofBrass.com

I've already booked the hotel rooms for the cameramen!

5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Well done :lol:

Those within the SA, or with SA links, will know that for a long time "Trade", as SP&S was commonly known, did not exactly have the best of reputations for efficiency and customer service - it was even rumoured at one stage that the uniforms department wanted 12 months notice to produce a maternity dress! It is good to see that changing, with worldofbrass leading the way.

Some may not be aware that the changes have not been brought about without a certain amount of opposition from some quarters, but for me the decisions taken have been more than justified. Alongside changes affecting the wider availability of SA publications and the use of other music within the SA, there has been a considerable coming together whereas at times in the past there was suspicion on both sides of the fence.

Regarding music publicaton there are still a few things to sort out, but I gather there are a few more developments in the pipeline, including some of the old classics in new editions - no more struggling to read divisi parts in a small typeface!

I am sure that, with the current team in charge, we shall see even greater things in the future - and don't forget that all profits are put back into the company or to further other areas of Salvation Army work. Keep it up :!:

6. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I would like to formally offer the congratulations of theMouthPiece.com to everyone at World Of Brass.

WoB are totally deserved of this award and as we can all see by the posts here on tMP, we are always kept up-to-date of the latest CD/DVD releases, the latest must-have performances and music etc.

Carl and the team have also been fantastically supportive of tMP during our first year to which I am very grateful. Please continue as you have done already, to use the World of Brass sponsorship link at the top of the tMP page.

Well done WoB... :tup

7. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

I have already posted my thoughts about World of Brass before this award was announced.

Congratulations Trevor and Dominique. You have always 'gone the extra mile' for us. Absolutely fantastic service. Recommend it to everyone.

See you at the Europeans. I'll be one with the botox, facelift and freshly coiffured hair (not!). :wink:

Cheers!

8. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

I could not agree more. Assertive and positive changes so well implemented. From almost no class to 1st Class - this must be a marketable example of how to change a business around. All the best Trevor, Dominique, Carl and the rest of the team and all the best for 2004, I get the feeling "it's going to be a very good year"!

9. WorldofBrass.com

We certainly hope so!

We're currently working on the following CDs which are due for release in the spring;
    ISB recording for USA tour, Peter Roberts solo CD with YBS, Highlights of the Scottish Open 2003, Essential Dyke 4 and Brass in Concert Live!

March 2004 will see the release of a new Favourite Marches and Hymn Settings journal of Salvation Army repertoire. This will be spiral bound, like the tune books and New Christmas Praise.

10. Hey WoB
    Congratulations! What about Faireys, didn't they want to make a recording of the Enigma. And are you planning to release a Nationals 03 cd?

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    4BR Special Award
    bit
    self-congratulation
    all
    Bars Rest Special Award
  12. WorldofBrass.com

A recording of the Nationals 2003 was made and produced by the sponsors of that event, Kapitol Promotions. They are the owners of the British Bandsman and you can contact them through the British Bandsman office, telephone 01494 674411.
    I understand that Faireys will be recording the whole of Enigma Variations but this will not be for a spring (and by that I mean 'Regionals') release.

13. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Any idea whether they doing the whole piece, or just the Bowdlerised, truncated version used at the contest?

14. WorldofBrass.com

I understand all of it.

15. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Here's one example of why this award is so deserved. I ordered a CD on Friday December 12 and received it Friday December 19. Due to the Christmas rush I did not anticipate receiving it before the new year. That is world class service or should I say WORLD OF BRASS CLASS SERVICE! Well done and thank you.

16. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Yup well done to World of Brass, got my xmas present CD's this morning :wink: Pity I can't have them until thursday :cry:

17. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

I've not ordered online from WoB but I have visited the Salvationist shop in Tiverton Street on a few occasions, working only a few stops away on the Bakerloo Line as I do, and have always come away a satisfied customer, be it brass band music, CDs or other info, so I'm not at all surprised by this award. A hearty WELL DONE from me.

Congratulations!

18. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly Active Member

Congratulations to World of Brass on the 4barsrest award. The improvement in service over recent years has been very noticeable.

Will this be Triumph series, General Series, or a mixture, like the Favourite Christmas book? Any hints about what pieces might be in it?

19. WorldofBrass.com

Brian, it will be a mixture of Triumph and General Series.
    I don't have the contents information to hand at the moment (because I'm not at work!) but I will attempt to tell you what I can remember.
    There will be some solos, mostly cornet I think.
    There will also be some 'older' stuff. For example, marches like The Fount and Cairo Red Shield have never appeared in a 'favourites' journal before. I can be a bit more specific when I'm back at work next week.