4br retros

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by critic, Mar 19, 2010.

1. critic

critic Member

All the retros from the weekend are now up on 4br in article sections

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    br retros
    weekend
    article sections
  3. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

Thank you for pointing these out - much appreciated! :-D

4. sopsarah

sopsarah New Member

except Scotland's

5. Di B

Di B Member

Their write up doesn't reflect their Twitter comments made at the time for the mdlands first section.

Has a different person done this or have 4br changed their opinions in line wth the judges?

Still peeved at them for not even bothering to report the draw of the midlands 4th section hence the tone!

6. postie

postie Member

The retro for the 4th section is a complete watse of time no insight into the contest at all.

7. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

Their writing style changed a while ago after receiving a carpeting from ABBA for basically calling various adjudications into question. It's all very Blandsman these days.

8. QubaMan

QubaMan New Member

Could not agree more - very PC - just read our remarks also - feel sorry for the Bands in the NE today!!!!!!!!!:frown:

9. critic

critic Member

WHAT carpeting was that.

10. Elliebone

Elliebone Member

They obviously didn't have anyone in the hall (if anyone knows different, please confirm) so all they could do was confirm the results and the adjudicators' comments. The accuracy of the reporting is slightly doubtful as they still say that 3 bands are going to Harrogate when it was clearly announced that 4 bands qualified based on the 25 bands listed on the programme.

11. hornplaya89

hornplaya89 Member

I was checking 4br on Twitter for updates on the midlands 4th section and there was not one update...clearly nobody in the hall :-(

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    br retros
    weekend
    article sections
  13. welshmike

welshmike Member

you have to remember that like many 4barsrest adjudicate mainly with their eyes NOT their ears!

I do know for a fact that the 4bars rest 'critic' wasn't even in the hall for the start of the N West champs section!

Make of that what you will!

14. Al

Al Member

I'm a big fan of 4barsrest and particularly their retrospectives over the years. This year's North West was a bit disappointing. Perhaps they are afraid of hurting anyone's feelings or something?

I followed the Yorkshire on Twitter and that was excellent, so maybe this is the way the reporting will go.

I suppose it all takes up time and I have always admired them for at least previously, sitting through the whole sections.

Iwan and Co.....please don't stop!

15. ophicliede

ophicliede Member

16. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

I think its more likely that they only had one (or no) representative at the event, and seeing as all sections run at the same time its impossible to get a fair view of all the sections.

17. Di B

Di B Member

For all those in 3rd and 4th secoon midlands. Think we should write emails to 4br. I will even though I play in neither section!

I know 3 areas were on that day, but they know this happens every year. There is no excuse unless someone has become hospitalized or something.
    If they aren't going to bother providing a proper service to the midlands they should
    have the balls to say so, therefore not getting expectations up! A sorry folks, we have messed up would have been more proactive.

Rant rave stomp....... Slightly better now

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  18. Di B

Di B Member

As for not having enough representation..... They have a news site - they can ask for help! Not a good enough excuse
    in my book.

19. needmorevodka

needmorevodka Member

Like others have said, I also followed twitter for the Midlands 3rd and 4th Sections and got the distinct impression that they had nobody there. I see they've thanked an Ian Parsons for helping with the article, anyone know him?

20. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Are you going to offer your services for next year?

21. HUDDSBASSBONE

HUDDSBASSBONE Member

Personally I thought the Twitter thing was rubbish. Also wasn't impressed it seemed to take forever to update both the Twitter and results pages. Please go back to how you used to do it, 4barsrest!

22. Pav

Pav Member

4BR have never, afaik, done band by band for things like the area so the twitter feeds are an additional service. Potentially could be v good. I thought the Yorks area tweats were far better but they seem to have gone backwards in the last couple of weeks.