4BR April Fools Joke: National Finals Test Piece

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by stephen_clapton, Apr 1, 2005.

1. stephen_clapton

stephen_clapton New Member

National Finals Test Piece

I have just found this on 4br (http://www.4barsrest.com/news/detail.asp?id=541). Any thoughts? Looks VERY different to what we are used to hearing, but should be interesting for players and audiences as well.
  2. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

looks very interesting...

(bring on the Belgian rotary saxhorn... ;) what's that all about...)

edit: ok, I got it now... :oops:
    would have been nice though... (in a shorter version maybe)
  3. Heather

Heather Member

Do you not think it could have been written by a Mr A Prilfool ?????
  4. Mark Bousie

Mark Bousie Member

Hmm, I wonder! I actually read to about half way through the article before I smelt a very big rat! Nice one!
  5. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

It kept me amused for about 3 lines. Good thought.

Well, Jan, if you don't knoiw about those Belgian rotary saxhorns, who does ;)
  6. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

The last line reads "Nothing has ever been done like this before, and we don’t think it will ever be done again.”

Unfortunately, this is only partly true. The annual tedium-fest which is the Eurovision Song Contest is still with us.
  7. stephen_clapton

stephen_clapton New Member

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Sorry, im just sat here laughing a lot now. Will be interesting to see how many views this thread gets before people realise.... love it!
  8. Suz

Suz Member

April fool

Hee hee, nearly had me going this morning!!!!
  9. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure they must exist - mr. Sax made all kinds of strange instruments. A lot of his instruments are on display in the Instruments Museum in Brussels. I haven't visited it yet, but I heard it's a great place to visit if you find yourselves in Brussels some day.

Of course, if they had to select an instrument to represent Belgium, it could only have been the Saxophone...
  10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

4BR forgot to mention that conductors have to wear pink tutus as well, conducting with bananas instead of batons ... :biggrin:
  11. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Ha Ha Nearly got me.

But too forward thinking for our movement i think lol

cracking fool 4BR
  12. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

Ha! Ha! Superb!

Bet someone's trying to order it right now.
  13. Bones

Bones Member

I must admit compared with some of the crap we have to play at contests it sounded interesting, but the way I smelt a rat on this one was the line that says it is 1 hour and 25 minutes long. Nothing would keep a bander out of the pub for that long..:)

14. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

Well done 4barsrest...I really they leave sufficient time for gullible people to send in letters to the comments page...then post them before he end of the day!!!!
  15. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

There is an article in the current issue of the Brass Herald about this museum.
  16. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Is it true that Ian Perks and Will The Sec have been asked to adjudicate? :cool:
  17. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

18. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

lol, Very good I have to admit my first thoughts were blooming organisers, what do they mean 25 in a band what about us percussionists!!! Then i saw the times and thought hang on a sec!

Well done 4bars rest, very good fun!
  19. jonford

jonford Member

Yeh I was thinking, a very long test piece! ;)
  20. brassneck

brassneck Active Member