4BR and the areas

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by DublinBass, Apr 6, 2006.

?

How much of 4BR post area coverage to you intake?

Poll closed Apr 30, 2006.
  1. I read the most of the retrospectives

38.5%
  2. I look at most of the pictures

23.1%
  3. I read most of the retrospectives from my areas

42.3%
  4. I look most of the pictures from my area

19.2%
  5. I read most of the retrospectives from my section across the areas

25.6%
  6. I only read about my band or few others I have an interest in

17.9%
  7. I can't be bothered to look at 4BR coverage

3.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Now that the areas are all over...all the retrospectives in I'm curious how much everybody actually reads all that is written.

I usually just look at individual bands I am interested in and all the pictures. What about you?

You may submit multiple answers.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2006
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    4BR
    everybody
    answers
    bands
    areas
  3. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

I read the previews cause its always good to look at what they say before youve played.

After youve played the adjudicator has already decided how well you did and given you remarks, so 4barsrest only have an opinion based on the placings most of the time.

4. persins

persins Member

I read most of the predictions to see mainly what 4br have to say!

Even though it counts for nothing, I also read most of the retrospectives just to see if they agree with the adjudicators and to see what they said about bands I know.

I don't always agree with their opinion but that's not the point! The fact that they are prepared to make such an effort to report on the contests should be commended! It is quite amusing to see that they definitely have their favourite bands who can do no wrong in their eyes!!
    I suppose that is the joy of having a hobby that is so subjective while still trying to rate everyone objectively!!

5. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

I try to read all of the West of England retrospectives, just to see what they've got to say about our bands! Although I did have a look at the 2nd section retrospectives from other areas to see how other bands were coping with Images of the Millenium.

Previews and predictions are always interesting too! :)

6. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

I don't bother as they are just the opinion of a single person.

7. tinytimp

tinytimp Member

I'll read the previews and retrospectives for all sections in the Welsh area and also the Championship retrospectives for most other areas, particularly if they've been before ours as it helps to get an opinion at what went down well with the adjudicators and audiences.

8. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

I normally read the preview and retrospectives for our own section / area - though I have to admit, mostly to see what they say about us. I also tend to scan any others to read what they say about my friends' bands, and if I know there has been a controversial result then I will seek that article out to see 4BarsRests' take on it.

9. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I generally have a flick through them all, although I'll be more thorough with those where I know the bands or personalities, or where I've read of controversy. I'll also check my own to see what glaring errors I missed when proof-reading - such as giving two bands 7th place in my retrospective from Stevenage:oops: :oops: :oops: