4barsrest never used to be this hard to navigate..

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by superjobby, Oct 21, 2008.

1. superjobby

superjobby Member

Apologies if this has been brought up before, but it took me ten minutes to find the predictions on 4br! :confused:

I'm sure they used to be in plainer view. I don't know how they do it, but they have the uncanny knack of getting our recent results wrong as well.

Is anyone else having similar problems? I know the format isn't exactly new now, but I've not been on for a while.

Bah humbug. Maybe I'm just being a miserable get :rolleyes: but I thought I'd garner opinion anyway.

(Ironically, it took me ages to work out how to post a new thread about this, but that's not themouthpiece, that's me being a bit slow after a long day at work.. :oops: )

2. Al

Al Member

The "Hi" notice is ok when you first log on, but it comes up on each thread I go to. A bit of an irritation but I'm sure the good folk at tmp will be listening to any feedback regarding the new look forum.

3. Di

Di Active Member

As far as I can recall, the 4br predictions have always been under the articles havent they? And that is where they are now.

If you like predictions, have you tried making your own here on tMP by following the link at the top of the page? There are currently several contests to try your hand at. ;)

Erm, got me a bit confused there Al, as Rob was talking about 4br and you're now referring to tMP. ;) I don't actually see the "hi" message, must be something to do with being a mod, had to log on with a test account to see it.

I will mention this to John as the message is a little out of date now.

4. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Yeh, mine says:

'
    Hi Leyfy - we're back, not quite fully updated, but good enough to get back online. We have two styles now, one is the fresh colourful tMP_2008, and the other is the default vBulletin style 'tMP - Black Text' which can be used by those hard of sight. Please let us know what you think of the new look.
    Hi Leyfy - have you considered supporting tMP...? Of course, we intend to continue to offer tMP as a free service to all our members, but we do rely on voluntary contributions to help with the ever increasing costs of running the site. Can I ask if you would please consider supporting tMP if you are able... this would help a great deal. If you can, please click here. Many thanks.'

And you can see all the HTML formatting - rather than the text actually being formatted, if that makes sense?! eg:

[I ]free service[/ I]

rather than

free service

5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hmmmm.... when do you see this Al...? and where...?

6. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

If its the same as me - EVERY page on tMP has it at the top! However, I've learnt to ignore it ;)

7. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

and.....

I don't know if this helps but I've opened tMP in both Firefox (my usual browser) and Internet Explorer, and seeing exactly the same.

8. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

It's in a 'Notices' box, John....

I don't see the markups though...

9. leisa

leisa Active Member

me too - just underneath the title of the thread, can't say it bothers me that much though, i had actually forgotton it was there.

10. Di

Di Active Member

Right at the top John, but I had to log on with the test account to see it.

hi.jpg

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    4barsrest
    well.Is
    Bah humbug
    predictions
    long day
  12. TheMusicMan

Any chance of a screenshot anyone please?

13. TheMusicMan

Thanks DI... will look into this now...

14. Di

Di Active Member

Up one post John. ;)

15. TheMusicMan

Should be sorted now... it was an out of date notice that I had not set an expiry date for. Thanks for pointing this out folks.

16. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Yay - its gone - thank you :)

17. Di

Di Active Member

Must have been two separate messages John, one part has gone, the other hasn't. ;)

18. TheMusicMan

Please elaborate Di...

19. Farmer Giles

Farmer Giles Member

i still see this...
    Hi Farmer Giles - have you considered supporting tMP...? Of course, we intend to continue to offer tMP as a free service to all our members, but we do rely on voluntary contributions to help with the ever increasing costs of running the site. Can I ask if you would please consider supporting tMP if you are able... this would help a great deal. If you can, please click here. Many thanks.

20. leisa

leisa Active Member

Hi leisa - have you considered supporting tMP...? Of course, we intend to continue to offer tMP as a free service to all our members, but we do rely on voluntary contributions to help with the ever increasing costs of running the site. Can I ask if you would please consider supporting tMP if you are able... this would help a great deal. If you can, please click here. Many thanks.

that bit hasnt gone, but is that not just a general thing anyway?

21. Di

Di Active Member

The message re support is still there, but there are a couple of coding looking errors.

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    4barsrest
    well.Is
    Bah humbug
    predictions
    long day