4BarsRest Comments On Third Section

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Heather, Sep 12, 2004.

1. Heather

Heather Member

Have you read the comments made up to now on 4barsrest re the 3rd Section?
    Are they there so we can just have a good laugh or what??
    I think they're dreadful.....or is it just me??

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    4BarsRest
    Section
    good laugh
    BarsRest
    comments
  3. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I've just read through them.... made some interesting reading... as did yesterdays sections.

4. hellraiser

hellraiser Member

People attach far too much credibility to 4br's comments.

The only opinion that matters is the opinion of the adjudicators. It does make me chuckle when I hear people say "Well 4br thought we should have won!" and take that as some kind of moral victory.

5. Heather

Heather Member

I definately agree with that!!
    I know 4barsrest's comments and predictions are only a bit of fun!
    They don't know each individual band and can only go off past results.
    I just wonder about their 'live' comments sometimes.

6. jimothy

jimothy Member

Did you say 4BR LIVe comments?
    4BR report that the third section was due to start at 09:30 and at 3:15 they have still only managed to post "live" comments on the first 12 bands. Surely the section must be finished by now? It's been nearly 6 hours! I also wonder who taught the 4BR people to spell. I can only assume that it was the same person who taught them how to bounce mutes on the stage at the Bridgewater Hall.

7. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

8. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Congrats to all the tMPers from St. Dennis for a good result! :D

9. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

I wouldn't know - they never think that about us...

10. dyl

dyl Active Member

To be fair to the guys at 4barsrest the service they provide 'live' at these events give those of us not able to be there an insight into what goes on - and they themselves have never pretended to attach any official sort of credibility to their comments. It's been mentioned already in this thread that the comments are only meant as a bit of fun - I don't think people are that naive to think that 4barsrest's comments matter more than that of the adjudicators!

And as for the technical problems - these are a necessary evil of an online prescence - as we at tMP found out recently - and most of the time, these technical issues are out of our control. Without knowing the ins and outs of the issues faced by 4br at Harrogate, it certainly sounds like quite a big problem to have affected both days' coverage, so I think they have done well to be able to bring any sort of coverage from the event.

11. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Member

That may very well be the case, however, I'm not sure I've read reviews such as 4br have produced this year when Championship section bands are involved, for example when the provide "live" coverage of the Spring Festival, British Open, Masters or Championship section National Finals.
    Personally, I find their comments very patronising to all those players in sections 1,2,3 and 4 who worked very hard on their performances this weekend.
    4br have done a fantastic job with their website and with the articles, contest previews and news they do provide (and their CD ordering is also a top class service).
    I hope that the standard of this weekends "live" coverage of the finals is just a one off!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    4BarsRest
    Section
    good laugh
    BarsRest
    comments
  13. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Sometimes I get the feeling that whether they mean it or not they take the pee out of the lower sections. Some of the comments are just plain juvenile. C'mon 4BR show some respect, those bands worked their butts off to get there and they deserve a decent appraisal.

14. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

considering one of the writers is in a lower section band....i don't think its true!

i think the wife of bath is funny. with a piece like chaucers tunes,they have to get the jist of the tunes to get the right style in the piece. 4BR were just saying how they did/didnt get it across.

15. JR

JR Member

I think 4br started the punning stuff last year with "Chivalry" at the masters. It's 3rd rate tabloidese - god knows what Philip Sparke made of the drug references - and I'm sick of it.

john r

16. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Then why not just say that instead of trying to be funny?

17. Heather

Heather Member

Here, Here.

18. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

dont read it then?!

as for them trying to to be funny, i guess they just think that the readers will just assume they're on about the story behind the piece. As opposed to the band just playin the notes on the page.