4barsrest article - Major Player Changes

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by snazzy_cornet_sound, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Just read a 4barsrest article talking about majoy personell changes in the top bands, anyone know of any gossip?

2. Colin.Doran

Colin.Doran Member

Only time will tell, It's probably a slow news week for them now the Nationals and Pontins are over so time to stir things up a bit. My Guess is that Elivs is to make a come back and will conduct a band at the 2010 finals ;)

3. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

Yes.

I am the new principle cornet of Brighouse.

Controversial, huh?

4. sop 1

sop 1 Member

No,just funny!!! ;)

5. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Looks like Iwan fox has been listening to "Mr disgruntled" in the Captain Cod chippy in Prestatyn again..
    saying that there was a sad looking soul dressed to the nines in a brighouse walking out uniform on Saturday morning...showing off to the "Little bands" in Pontins maybe or peddling some gossip who knows...I can think of a million better things to do than walk round the bar in pontins on Saturday morning and I only live down the road!!!! :)

who cares what the Tred Times wants to do to get an extra few hits...must be a quiet news day down south..

6. Souter

Souter Member

We have just signed a 12 year old glock player from our junior band to play 5 bars at contest on Saturday.

Does that count as a major personnelle change??

7. sop 1

sop 1 Member

Well said Nick,enjoyed ur performance.
    Also thought ur brother was amazing on sunday,best cornet player there by a mile!!!! :clap:

8. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

No but that does :wink:

9. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Cheers paul , which performance are you refering to my " Ali boxing routine" in the bar , or the disaterphone playing with Point...enjoyed both to be honest!
    aye great playing by Mike , get well soon bro :) he is frightening when in full fitness.

10. sop 1

sop 1 Member

HAHA both mate.
    was VERY impressed with him mate,Classy cornet playing that!!!! :clap:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    article
    Player Changes
    anyone
    majoy personell changes
    gossip
  12. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Just after the Nationals....some players are going to leave one top band to join another top band. Quelle suprise...:rolleyes:

13. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Or failing that, can anyone invent any?

Works for 4BR ;)

Ian Perks to take over as top euph at Dyke? :biggrin:

14. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

You heard it here first !!!

Sadly , my unique conducting stylee and innovative approach to interpretation has yet to be recognised by the conservative british banding scene.........At least thats what I tell my self !!

15. David Mann

David Mann Member

I can confirm that I have not been approached by any famous bands in either a playing or conducting capacity.

Yet.

16. Colin.Doran

Colin.Doran Member

It might be something to do with those Blue swade shoe's ;)

17. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Andy you had better inform our band then lol

18. stewie76

stewie76 Member

how about one conductor from yorks. has been sacked as bandmaster of a 'top band' after only 3 weeks?

19. Phil Green

Phil Green Supporting Member

..and maybe another ex associated conductor returning?

20. Kjata

Kjata Member

I highly doubt that Dyke will undergo any major changes after their win at the finals, but there is bound to be some more change in briggy and grimey, with king there and all!

21. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

I am going to Grimethorpe as Solo EEb Bass.:biggrin:

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    article
    Player Changes
    anyone
    majoy personell changes
    gossip