4bars Extended Rankings

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by tewkeshorn, Sep 29, 2003.

1. tewkeshorn

tewkeshorn Account Suspended

Whoo, the 4bars lads have extended their rankings to the top 150 bands in the statto-licious ranking system that I have no idea how it works!

It's at www.4barsrest.com/rankings/rankings.asp

Can't be too far off the much-promised lower section rankings....
  2. BurgerBoy

BurgerBoy Member

Extended Rankings

Brilliant! I'm in the 128th ranked band!!! Super! Now we know what we need to do to get into the top 100!!!

On a serious note though, it does give bands a target to aim for (eg the top 100, top 50) when they are 'on the up' and form theose falling daown the rankings gives something to fight for.

A VERY good idea methinks and my hat is yet again off to the 4bars rest team!!
  3. KennyC

KennyC Member

I don't think you'll find it's the intention to publish purely lower section rankings. The current list of 150 may be extended in the future and, if so, would inevitably incorporate a high number of lower section bands. There are a few lower section bands included now including quite a number from the first section in the top 100.

There is a brief description of the workings on the 4barsrest site but the system has been extended somewhat since that was written.

Perhaps it's time someone asked for an updated version.

4. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Interesting to see Newcastle Brown Ale ranked 137.

Considering the band changed its name a while back!!