42nd Wincanton Solo & Quartet Contest

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by PPP, Aug 22, 2006.

1. PPP

PPP Member

Hi everyone

Just to let you know that we have finally fixed the date for the 42nd Wincanton Solo & Quartet contest (formerly Mere). The contest will take place on Sat 30th September at King Arthurs School in Wincanton. We are delighted to have been able to secure the services of both Nicholas Hudson and John Winterflood as adjudicators for the day. If you would like further information we would love to hear from you, please contact me on sales@perfectpitch.org.uk, our secretary is on holiday at the moment so I will be distributing all the details for the time being. I do hope that some of you will be able to support this event, perhaps you could pass the details on to your training/youth bands also. Looking forward to seeing some of you.

Kindest regards

2. Kiz7

Kiz7 Member

could you estimate how far it is from Forest of Dean to Wincanton for me? Would be useful to know before I start suggesting the contest to students!
    p.s. have P.M.'d you
  3. PPP

PPP Member

Hi Kristyann

I have checked with Multimap and it reckons appx. 75 miles and a drivinf time of 1 1/2 hours.Maybe you could get a minibus or something and all travel together (if there is enough of you!!). It would be great to see you if you can make it anyway.

P.S I have emailed the details through to you.:)
  4. Kiz7

Kiz7 Member

thanks Jo - will see what we can do!