404 Error Message on One thread?

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by Rapier, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

I'm trying to post on the Lads or Lasses. Tenor Horn Thread, but just get a 404 Error message. This has been happening since around 3pm yesterday and is the same today. I've tried both the Quick Reply and Reply options. Any ideas?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Tenor Horn Thread
    Quick Reply
    options
    pm yesterday
    today
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Works alright for me - have to hand it over to one of the technos, unless the horn players have taken offence at your recent flugel adventure ;)

4. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Well Pete, I've promised never ever to try to play the Devils Instrument again, but still can't post in that thread anymore. Perhaps I'm just too manly for it? ;)

5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Can you be specific about the thread URL please Rapier... can you provide the link here so I can test. Ta.

6. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Last edited: Mar 22, 2006
  7. Di

Di Active Member

I got this message yesterday when trying to post in a couple of threads and also on trying to PM. Mine has cleared up now though. Has yours? May be a minor interruption with the upgrade. :confused:

8. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

I got one of these...again :( whilst trying to read an article. It used to do it all the time and now it only seems to say it when it's something I really want to read!

euphfanhan, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

9. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Nope, still not working. :(

10. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Still blocked

11. TheMusicMan

Very strange indeedy. I checked if I could view this thread as a guest: and I can, and as a test user: and I still can. So... I have no idea why it is that this thread is being blocked for your viewing. I am at lunch just now and will take a look in more detail at this when I am home this weekend.

Very strange...

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Tenor Horn Thread
    Quick Reply
    options
    pm yesterday
    today
  13. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

John, I can view it, just not post on it. And being a Manly Horn player I feel it's my duty to defend it. :)

14. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

How strange, I can post the word Test and edit that post.But I can't actually post what I want to say??????

15. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Maybe the thread is biased towards girly horns? ;) No manly horns allowed to post!

16. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

But I'm wearing my best dress and everything!! :)

17. Di

Di Active Member

Aww, tell you what mate, if you can't get in, drop me a PM with what you wanna say and I'll edit your post for you. ;) Can't say fairer than that can I?

18. Di

Di Active Member

This might sound daft, but there have been a couple of similar issues earlier this week. Try a couple of things:

Change the style to tMP Blue and try again. If that fails..
    Change brower and try again.

If they both fail .... I give up. ..... for now. ;)

19. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

I give up too!! Tried to PM it to you and got Forbidden!! again. Changing from Blue to Clean didn't work either.

Oh well, it's not like I was going to say anything actually useful.

20. TheMusicMan

Hi Rapier

This is very weird. Is there any chance you can PM me your account password so I can try to log in as you and make a test post please. I checked your account and all is technically in order with it so I'd like to do some testing sometime later if I may.

Ta.

21. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Done, but no inflammatory posts in my name OK. :D

22. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

then this

I give up. I can't post the next bit