4 Valve Sovereign BB for sale

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Thirteen Ball, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Due to one thing and another, I've a spare bass on my hands, which I'm looking to pass on.

The instrument itself is a wide-bore 4-valve sovereign in silverwith a hard case. It's a couple of years old, before the new design, but that means it doesn't have the horrendous tuning problems experienced with the current model! I myself frequently used it and found it's low-middle register and overall tone is much sweeter than the recent instuments, without the slightly woolly sound wide-bores sometimes have up top.

There are (As with all bigger instruments) a few minor dents on the tubing but the bell has escaped mercifully unscathed, the silver is intact over the whole instrument and polished up, it looks great. All the slides move easily, guides and springs have recently been changed (I can't STAND sticky valves!) and it plays great. The case is in good nick too, no cracks in the surface, all the catches work, and the interior felt is unscathed.

PM me if you interest has been sparked! I had it valued at Band Supplies in Leeds today (Cheers Morgan!) and it's reckoned at £2350 for insurance purposes, so offers around that mark will be considered.

I can supply pictures on request by E-mail... as soon as I can persuade a band-member to lend me a digital camera!!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    register
    bass
    another
    Cheers Morgan!
    sovereign
  3. pantarheipaul

pantarheipaul Member

sold yet?

4. Thirteen Ball

Nope, still up for grabs. Currently residing in my bedroom!

5. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

Doh! bit out of my price range........... thinking of getting one for the old man!

6. Thirteen Ball

That's just a third party valuation - I'm open to realistic offers.

7. Andrea

Andrea Member

Have you sold the Bass Yet?

8. Thirteen Ball

Hi Andrea

Yes, sorry, long gone. sold late 2006 if I remember correctly!