4 Valve Getzen Flugelhorn nearly for sale...

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Cornetto, May 14, 2003.

1. Cornetto

Cornetto Member

I'm not selling it yet, but anybody any idea on roughly how much I should expect? Its about 10 years old and in near perfect condition - hardly been played. It just doesn't really suit me though which is reason for sale. Comes with box with extra room for a trumpet. Quite neat!! Also, anybody any suggestions of where the best place to sell it is? Or is anyone interested?

Cheers, Nick.

2. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

Getzen flugel horn

Have a look to see if there are any similar instruments on Ebay. There was 4 valve flugel a few weeks ago, maybe it was yours?!

3. shawneuph

shawneuph Supporting Member

4. flugeltrumpet

flugeltrumpet New Member

i want it

i'll buy it for $800 if the mouthpiece is included e-mail me at sk8rdude1990@aol.com
    sry i can't get to your site

5. Sorry the Flugel has long gone!! Check the date of the original post - May 2003!!

The site has also moved since then - alot can happen in 2 years! ;)

6. flugeltrumpet

flugeltrumpet New Member

sry

lol sry. i got ahead of myself. I'm looking for a getzen four valve for anywhere under $900. i didn't check the date my bad. I just got excited. While we're talking about it though does anyone know where i can find this flugel for under $900. Please suggest anywhere except ebay(I've been checking everyday). thanks
    -weedy (derek):D

7. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

... maybe old threads like this that have definitely sold goods might be able to safely get deleted after a period of time by the moderators?

8. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

But how do we know if the goods are sold or not if the original postee doesn't reply to say so?? In future we may be able to lock old threads such as this once the goods are sold - but we will only do so if we know for sure that the sale has been completed.

9. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

PM them to update their situation and if they don't reply, advise them that the advertisement (thread) will get deleted (or locked) to minimise interested parties being misinformed. An advance notice in the FAQ should help reduce risk of complaint.

10. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

OK so we'd need to PM every person who has advertised on tMP and ask them if the items are still for sale...and then chase those PM's when we don't get a response...and then chase the chase PM....etc etc and for every new item added into the "For Sale" area we need to PM sellers to ask if they have sold the item?

That is an awful lot of work for a voluntary moderators team to do. Although the system can cause (some) confusion if people happen not to notice the date of the original post, but surely the onus is better left on the seller to ask for the thread to be locked, and the buyer to find out if the item is still for sale. If you are genuinely interested in buy something from a tMPer why not send them a PM asking if the item is still for sale?

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Valve Getzen
    Nick
    near perfect condition
    years old
    box
  12. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I agree that the responsibility is with the seller, but there are occasions when this situation can create confusion. A person may only use the facility once to try and flog something and not return to the site, forget, or just plainly can't be bothered. If the seller has not subscribed to the thread and does not use the site on a frequent basis, the time of interested buyers might be wasted too! Sending a PM may not always bring a reply!

Sorry if I am sounding a little pernickity, but if something has been sold or withdrawn (and not shown on the thread) surely it's not much to ask for the thread to be locked after an appropriate lapse of time?

p.s., only once should a seller be sent a PM as a reminder if the rules of advertising one-off sales are shown (i.e., outlining responsibility and updating information to start).