3rd party insurance for playing in parks

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by NeilW, May 14, 2003.

  1. NeilW

    NeilW Member

    I'm sure other bands must have been here...

    Which insurance companies / brokers do bands use to provide the 3rd party insurance that more and more local authorities are demanding before they'll permit playing on their bandstands?

    Marlow band are off to Bournemouth in the summer (exotic, I know :p ), and we need to produce evidence of £2M 3rd party insurance cover...

  2. sparkling_quavers

    sparkling_quavers Active Member

    We have had a similar situation recently but we were lucky because the Welfare that our band is part off had a 2million liability policy that covered us. I don't know about the legalities of it though *call resident boffin* :lol:
  3. IckleSop

    IckleSop Active Member

    i work as a claims handler for one of the biggest insurance firms.......
    and sorry i dont think we could do anything about it!!!!!!!
  4. daisygemma

    daisygemma Member

    We are insured through BBIS and public liability of £3m (I think) is included in the premium automatically. We have to tell them if we don't want it but in this day and age where everyone sues anyone for anything its just crazy not to have it.
  5. andywooler

    andywooler Supporting Member

    Try the Fedsure Scheme (BFBB's), Brass band Insurance Services or Abbey Associates in Eastboure - the last 2 regularly advertise in the bandsman if you need contact info.