32 years in the same band.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by hebden, Mar 12, 2006.

1. hebden

hebden New Member

hello, i,ve been playing with hebden bridge band for 32 years, did we realy play as bad as 10th, was you there did you here us. for me it was are best ever performance,well done to all the band.:clap: does any body have any comments.

2. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

Welcome Hebden!

3. bennie

bennie New Member

my only comment, which is slightly irrelevent i have to admit, is WOW 32 years :eek: :clap:

4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Absolutely... what a fantastic achievement. Well done to you Mr Hebden.... :tup

5. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

I wouldn't say so - I heard the first 5 bands and yours was the first performance that sounded the one to beat - so that would put you above 10. Can honestly say I don't think our performance was above yours (we got 9) but that also means we stay in the 1st section.

Welcome to tMP

6. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Hello Hebden, welcome to tMP.
    32 years playing for the same band, it's quite an achievement. Congratulations!

we, the tMP Team made a specials "subcategory" for threads dedicated to the Areas discussions. You can find them here: http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=71 We think it's best to keep these discussions a bit centralised, it's less co nfusin for the tMP members ;) So if you want to know what other people tought of your performance, I think it would be best if you started looking over there.

Enjoy your time on tMP,

Jan

7. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

32 years? Still got another 20 to go to catch up with a couple of our band members! :)

8. mattster

mattster New Member

you played a good band and deserved a top 4 postion.
    i dont think anyone fully understands what the adjudicators were listening to in the first section at bradford.

the same happened yesterday with ashton at blackpool.everyone was saying they were miles in front of everyone and they didnt even get in the top 6.

strange!!!!!!!!!:-?

9. Steve

Steve Active Member

32 years, jeez some of you guys are old :D

Congratulations, thats definitely an achievement to be proud of :clap:

10. 1alexm

1alexm Member

welcome to tmp (the mouth piece).

I didn't hear any 1st section bands, but people tell me that you should of come higher than 10th. Well done anyway.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    years
    hebden bridge band
    ve
    performance
    body
  12. a very flat b

a very flat b Member

32 years, what an example to the kids. Thats commitment!

13. We've been trying to get rid of him for years!!! (not really - things wouldn't be the same without him!:tup That is one dedicated bandsman - we're lucky at Hebden to have a good stable band (even if some of us are old and part of the furniture).
    Wouldn't change it!!!:clap:

Anyway, sure we didn't deserve 10th, we were awesome (especially the basses!!):biggrin:

14. barrytone

barrytone Member

Well said DiGthatCornet! Our basses were awesome, welcome Hebden, took your time but finally got here.