2nd Section results

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by WhatSharp?, Sep 12, 2004.

1. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

1. Hathern
    2. YBS Concert
    3. Barrhead
    4. Llanrug
    5. Becontree
    6. Wire Brass

Well Done Becontree a pretty decent weekend all round for London bands! (see told you, North/South gap in the lower sections aint so big!)
  2. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

And I'm told by Tom (of Becontree aka LaserBeam Bass) that from the second bar he played with his fourth valve stuck firmly down.

Talented lad, my little brother - not too many people who could, under the pressure of a contest never mind the National finals, transpose a Bb Tuba part into F and with judicious omissions play in tune.....

Now - best he get MY 4th valve sorted!
  3. HBB

HBB Active Member

Just had a manic phonecall including a shower cap from Vicki - i think she's happy :)
  4. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

Well done Hathern a great result for you and the Midlands.
  5. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

Well done Hathern :)
    As my old local band when I was at Lboro Uni, 'tis good to see them back on the rise :biggrin:
  6. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Well done Hathern! I'm sure Vikki hasn't stayed on the ground too much tonight!!!
  7. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Well done to Hathern. Good to see a Midlands band winning. Also, well done to Barnsley Building Society (Geordie Colin) who were 7th.
  8. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Well done indeed to Vicki & co, and also to Becontree for flying the flag for us southerners!
  9. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Well done all....Wow what a hard section to predict , did anyone hear any of the bands in the top six?
  10. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

ive just had a very excited msn convosation with a very hyper STILL! Dinie!.

well done to everyone
  11. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Well done to all bands!
    Extra special well done to Hathern!!! ;) :D
    Is Dinie still hyper? What about Vic!?
  12. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Oh well 9th's not that bad off a number 1 draw...seeing as we were rushed onto stage before we were ready! :mad:

But well done to the winning band's, Vicki was VERY pleased i can tell you now...running to the front shouting "we've won weve won!"
  13. LipService

LipService Member

YAY!! Becontree!

Us southern softies are coming to get ya!

14. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Yes, well done Becontree! I've got a soft spot for them, having being generoulsy invited to conduct them at a SCABA contest a few years back!

And well done Potters Bar in Section 4! L&SC bands ain't dead wood yet! ;-)
  15. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

I agree Nick! I heard 3 bands out of the top 6 (wire, llanrug, YBS concert,) and thought they all put out strong performances. I did hear a couple of bands that put out some good performances (in my humble opinion) and got very poor placings! If I had played for either stourport or otterborne I would have been pretty gutted!! Saying that I am not disputing the results as I didn't listen to all the bands. Well done to Vikki and Hathern- I was gonna say hello but when I saw you you were floating somewhere around the celing after the results!!!
  16. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

I'm calm about it all.. It's mum who was doing all the screaming! :p
  17. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

The question is: have you come down from the ceiling yet, or have they taken the computer up to you?
  18. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

No complaints with 7th place from this bass player (although top 6 would have been nice!! ;). Considering our preparations (week to go and a percussionist and 3rd Cornet drop out, leaving us 2 back row short cos our other 3rd cornet player had taken on the glock part) we were pleased with the result. No slips and plenty of good comments from adjudicators and 4br means the band can be confident going onto Pontins.

My congratulations to Hathern, that was vicki in the shower cap then.... think i got a weird look whilst staring at her trying to picture her avatar with a shower cap on it........

Well done Andy and Ellington on your 9th place, i finally got home around midnight, but these things happen when the last bus out of barnsley to sheffield on a sunday night decides to terminate in Chapeltown and then a connecting bus to Hillsborough just never turns up......
    I came over to 'spoons in Harrogate but you were having a chinese i believe. I stayed and drank with Felling though so all was good!!!

Was good to see Rachel (Sparkly) and Abi(Raspberry) and Richard again as well as Tim(bloke) and Claire (Yorkshire Pudding) and (TubaFran)cis and David (Straightmute). Thanks for all your support, see you all at Pontins!!
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2004
  19. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

And a big hearty, farty 'Well done to Hathern' form me! ;-) :)
  20. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

Well done Hathern on winning top spot, sorry we didn't hear your performance, we must had been in the pub!!!

However we did hear 9 bands in the 2nd section including Barnsley - well done to geordiecolin (nice to see you) and Zanna - bet you are really pleased with your result. Unfortunately we won't see you at Pontins due to other banding commitments!

We were with SQ and felt some bands should had been placed higher - but we're not disputing the results and really enjoyed listening to the 2nd section. Wished I had 4 bars rest on line - some of the descriptions of the band by band playing was rather amusing!

By the way was that Vikki that was jumping up and down frantically when the results were announced? You couldn't miss her in the auditorium!