24 bands line-up for the North American Brass Band Championships

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by DublinBass, Feb 6, 2006.

1. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

The following bands will be competing in the North American Brass Band Championships on Saturday, April 1st 2006 at Indiana University Southeast (near Louisville, KY).

Additionally, approximately 90 soloist/ ensembles will be competing in the soloist and ensemble contest on Friday, March 31st, 2006.

Championship Section: Atlantic Brass Band, Brass Band of Columbus, Brass Band of the Western Reserve, Chicago Brass Band, Fountain City Brass Band, Illinois Brass Band, James Madison University Brass Band,

Honors Section:
    Central Ohio Brass Band, Cincinnati Brass Band, New England Brass Band, Princeton Brass Band,

Challenge Section:
    Central Illinois Brass Band, Commonwealth Brass Band, Derby City Brass Band, Georgia Brass Band, Massanutten Brass Band, Natural State Brass Band, Roman Festival Brass and Spires Brass Band.

Explorer Section:
    All-Star Brass and Percussion & Brass Band of the Tri-State

Youth Section:
    Cincinnati Honors Band, Junior Varsity All-Stars and the Triangle Youth Brass Band

Last edited: Feb 19, 2006
  2. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

Not sure I'd want to go to this contest. Who in their right mind would want to visit Lousiville! Is it twinned with somewhere up north!!?

Noticed this error on 4BR also. They have had many typographical errors recently.

3. cohtrumpet

cohtrumpet New Member

The beer is just as good in Louisville as anywhere else.
  4. DublinBass

Jay -

I'm interested in checking out the

5. cohtrumpet

cohtrumpet New Member

Sounds good to me...meet you there:tup :clap:
  6. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

I'm sure it is but the article reads "Lousiville" or, as I read it, "Lousy-ville". I'm sure it isn't lousy at all and I'm sure the beer is as good as anywhere else in the US.

Just seemed an unfortunate typo.

7. Steve

Steve Active Member

I hope its not :roll: :p
  8. DublinBass

That was my bad on tMP and 4BR...no need to rub it in ;)
  9. DublinBass

It's not that bad!!

Been to Burton Latimer...had a pint while kidsitting 'Luke' watching eastenders on a thursday night...I'm sure Louisville is just as good ;-)
  10. DublinBass

Note the bands and their section havenow been edited as that information has been released.
  11. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Can you explain Indiana University in Kentucky, sounds like an oxymoron but I'm sure there's a simple explanation.
  12. cohtrumpet

cohtrumpet New Member

IU SE in New Albany , IN

IU is just across the river from Louisville , KY, in New Albany ,IN