24/4/04 - Emley Brass Band in aid of Cancer Research

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by ploughboy, Apr 16, 2004.

1. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

On Saturday night (24th April) Emley Brass are taking part in a charity concert raising money for Cancer Research UK, this was prompted by our BBb bass player and local vicar Eddie Wynn who is running the marathon this weekend for the same cause.

The concert starts at 7.30pm, tickets are £5. You're gareunteed (sp) my ususal mix of music, i'm as eclectic as they come. Come along give to a good cause and meet some fellow tMP's 10 in the band and another two guesting!!! I'll post the program when i;ve finalised it!!

Any details pm me.

oh........ the concert's at Flockton church. Which is 10 mins from juction 39 M1.

2. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

Yes please do come to this concert! My own brother has also just run the London Marathon today (in 2hrs 53mins :shock: ) for Cancer Research which is a charity close to our hearts as our Mum is currently undergoing Breast Cancer treatment in Liverpool.

Another fine reason to come and watch is that it's my 1st concert with Emley so friendly faces in the audience will be most welcome! :lol: :wink:

3. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I'm looking forward to it Garry :D
    See you guys at Emley on Wednesday! :D :D :D

Very good cause for the concert as well, so hope to see lots of people there :)

;-)

4. rach marriott

rach marriott Member

What a fantastic cause! I hope Eddie ran well today & that the concert goes well next weekend.

I know Eddie, as I had confirmation classes at his house April/May 2002 (he'll know me through the Clough family). I was confirmed at Flockton Church.

Best of luck with the concert, I would love to be there, but for other engagements.

5. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

OK, as promised the program looks like this, Even the band haven't had his info yet, that's how great tMP is!!

Emley
    Arcadians
    Autumn Leaves (flugel solo)
    Georgia Boy
    Little Mermaid
    As Softly As I leave you (Euph Duet)
    Crimond
    Gladiator

Olympic Spirit
    Every Time We Say Goodbye (trom solo)
    Impressario
    Dear Lord and Father of Mankind
    Nellie the Elephant (Eb Bass solo)
    Gonna fly Now
    Rock Music III

encore ????????

Of course this may change after tonight's rehearsal!

6. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Nice of you to tell us boss...are we actually gonna rehearse any of this stuff then? (JOKE!!)

7. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

Best of Luck with the Fundraising, chaps.
    A worthy cause if ever there was one.

8. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

Looks like I'll see you there too.
    Beware the AnimAL

9. BassBoneShep

BassBoneShep Member

A very worthy cause and knowing the band am sure it will be good performance. Looks like a very cleverly arranged and well worked out programme !!

10. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

It's tonight's folks!! Andrew (2nd cornet) and Sally (Euphonium) are making their debut, must be worth a visit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Emley Brass Band
    Cancer Research
    Eddie Wynn
    BBb
    Emley Brass
  12. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

:D can't wait... should be good fun!
    See you soon Garry!

;-)