21st June - do you know that that date is??????

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Kari Anson, Jun 7, 2003.

1. Kari Anson

Kari Anson Member

Yes guys it's the release date for the publication of the 5th Harry Potter book, and also Wem Jubilee Band have a concert too! More impressively, the very talented and organised Roger Thorne has secured an arrangement of Harry Potter. Wow - what a compere link!

I actually read the three books before the 'Harry Potter Craze' and was already awaiting for the fourth publication but since then, Harry Potter mania has since gone mad! (Any future male child of mine will be called Harry).

Back to topic though - it'd an excellent arrangement and captures the amtosphere excellently. I'd highly recommend it!
  2. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

21st June - do you know what that date is . . .

Midsummer' Day, fifth day into the Coarse Fishing Season.

3. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

21st June - more importantly, 5 months before out 1st official theMouthPiece.com BIG Event!!!!!
  4. Kari Anson

Kari Anson Member

Oh you really did deserve that saddo award! Anyone in doubt, this response just prooves it!
  5. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

2 days before my 40th birthday??? :twisted: :guiness :dunno :hammer
  6. Roger Thorne

Just think, if the next Harry Pothead book is as big as the last one I'll be able to go fishing on the 16th and come back on the 21st just as Salli's finishing the book. She won't even notice I've gone.

Do you remember the test piece we played a couple of years ago called Sinfonietta Pastorale. The first movement was entitled 'Sunrise'.
    The times I had to drag myself out of bed a 4.30 am to go fishing, just to capture the atmosphere of the sun coming up over the horizon. All done with the bands interest at heart you know!

The things we do eh!

7. Kari Anson

Kari Anson Member

You underestimate my dear friend Sal, she'll have that book bought and finished by the 22nd!
  8. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

fishing roger?

oh dear.

but the 21st! less than a week after the wonderful durham uni band concert (keep your eyes open for more info), is the durham orchestral society concert. featuring some weird midsomer night's dream crap in chamber, and something else, but in Symphony Orchestra, 'A Night on the Bare Mountain', by mussorgsky, then the Saint saens Organ Symphony (Number 3).

Be there or have a life.
  9. Roger Thorne

I'd rather go fishing!

:lol: :lol:
  10. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

21st June mmmmm.... thinks.... :?: :roll: :?:

Are Neil and Kari having a Harry Potter look-a-like competition with their avatars ? :wink:
  11. Roger Thorne

There does seem an uncanny resemblance!

12. twigglet

twigglet Member

21st June...........

A week before I go on my all girl holiday to Greece.....look out if anyone is heading in that direction, its going to be messy!

13. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

oooo excellent I did a couple of those you will have a great time :wink:

to get back on topic... does this new arrangement have a less horrible Rep part Rog?
  14. Roger Thorne

I think the way Kari has worded her post is a bit misleading. I only bought the arrangement, I didn't do it myself.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  15. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

June 21st... Bugle contest!! Yay!
    Let's hope it isn't raining and the place isn't water logged this year!
    I'll be there giving my support to those Cornish bands I know...
    Good luck everyone taking part!
  16. picju96

picju96 Member

21st June - My best mate's 18th
    Harry Potter book out
    Jersey Premier Brass gig at some opening of flats
    Mid summer's day
    The day after my last A-level (Wuhoo!)
    Jersey Premier Brass fundraising quiz in the evening

It's all happening!
  17. Kari Anson

Kari Anson Member

OK I'm officfially offended now - I look nothing like Harry Potter and certainly don't think that my avatar does! I am most definitely female with blonde hair opposed to dark. I suppose I do wear glasses but so do about another 10 million people.
  18. groovy

groovy Active Member

21st of June...

Collect pre-ordered copy of Harry Potter book.

Wait 2 years for the next one!

P.S I've actuallt seen an advert for the sixth book. Apparently its going to be called "HP Makes a Bacon Sandwich."
  19. NeilW

NeilW Member

(from Mrs Fruity)

So... we share a birthday - hope you have a happy one too!

20. Roger Thorne

Here's a few Greek phrases that might help you on your hols.

dheepso - (I'm thirsty)
    thah eethehlah kahtee nah peeno - (I'd like something to drink)
    thah eethehlah meeah beerah pahrahkahlo - (I'd like a beer please)
    borro nah ehkho pehreessottehrah beerah pahrahkahlo - (Can I have more beer please)
    thah eethehlah leegho ahkommee beerah pahrahkahlo - (I'd like some more beer please)
    thah eethehlah ehnah bookahlee ahspro krahssee pahrahkahlo - (I'd like a bottle of white wine please)
    borro nah ehkho pehreessottehrah krahssee pahrahkahlo - (Can I have more wine please)
    poo eeneh to tooahlehtah - (Where is the toilet?)
    ehkahnah ehmehto - (I've been sick)
    vrehsteh moo ehnah tahksee pahrahkahlo - (Please get me a taxi)
    peeoss eeneh o ahreethmoss too dhommahteeoo moo (What is my room number?)
    ehkho ponnokehfahlo - (I've got a headache)
    kahleeneektah - (Good night!)