2018 Area test pieces

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by lawrence martin, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Euphonium Lite

Euphonium Lite Active Member

Actually we've been talking about whether to get the Wallace Cup/Straight combo to cover off all future needs as well - theyre £130

But yeah, Yeowch :-/

2. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Which makes £86 for the whole score seem even less money

Euphonium Lite likes this.
  3. Jack E

Jack E Well-Known Member

True - but if you buy a score which is only going to be used for one contest, as compared to a mute which could be used in other pieces and which, if looked after, will last for donkey's years . . .

4. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

On the flipside it makes the cost of going d even higher... Which makes the selection panel choosing a piece that'll hit bands in the pocket a bit more annoying?

Slider1 likes this.
  5. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

I can only repeat what I wrote above - £86 is about £3.50 per player. Or 15-20 minutes work in most jobs. In my opinion, banding would do very well to learn to think about the cost of music in a much less grudging way.

6. Regarding World Tour !
    I have just had this from the horses mouth!
    there is a 'new' edition that Christian and Paul worked on earlier this year.
    A few inconsistencies in the score and parts cropped up following Black Dyke's recording session, so to avoid an errata we removed it from the catalogue earlier in the year,
    tidied it up a little, then re-released it with a new front cover at Cheltenham. #
    Please ask anyone who contacts you in reference to this to email sales@primavistamusikk.com with proof of owning the original edition and we will replace it free of charge

7. Jack E

Jack E Well-Known Member

Now that's what I call customer service, Chris!
    :)

chris johnston likes this.
  8. nigeb12

nigeb12 Member

Having just seen the score to Ex Terra Lucem I'm a bit disappointed to see the amount of percussion we're expected to have - not to mention the 3 percussionists required. Nothing against the piece but perhaps the people who pick the music could give a thought to the bottom bit of the score.

9. Indeed However they have stated they will send me a new set but nothing yet!
    I have emailed them again but no response