2014 Nationals

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by John Brooks, Oct 9, 2014.

1. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Discussion re the Nationals on Saturday seems quiet; am I wrong? The piece sounds as though it will be popular with bands and audience and I would love to be there to experience it all. That, unfortunately is not possible so I'll be monitoring 4BarsRest throughout the day. Does anyone know if all performances will be recorded and made available on WoB? To all you lucky people who will be in the RAH on Saturday, I hope you enjoy a great day filled with great music making and camaraderie. Best wishes to all taking part and may the best band win (and may the best band be ................! :) ).

2. joelm01

joelm01 New Member

a tweet from WoB today says all recordings from saturday will be available to download from WoB Tunes early next week

3. John Brooks

Good news. Thanks for that.

4. John Brooks

I've now listened to the top six performances twice through and thoroughly enjoyed each one. I love the music and found it great to listen to. Now I'm going to set aside some time to listen to the Fodens studio recording. Thanks to Peter Meechan, the bands who made the contest all that it was intended to be and also to WoB for making these recordings available so quickly for those of us that couldn't make it in person and probably to many who did as well. There is no substitute for being there but this is great.

5. Coverhead

Coverhead Member

You should also check out Luzern's performance from the Swiss Nationals in 2010. You can find it here: https://soundcloud.com/pete_composer/the-legend-of-king-arthur-2

6. John Brooks

7. Coverhead

Coverhead Member

Hmm, strange, seems ok to me (also using Firefox). Oh well, I'm no computer expert! Just find Pete Meechan on Soundcloud and have a look through his tracks (or search Legend of King Arthur)... you'll find it.