2013 Area Test pieces rumours.

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Adamskied, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Adamskied

Adamskied Member

Heard from my reliable source tha the top section
    piece will be Harmony Music. Woo hoo

Love that piece.
  2. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Is this a case of starting a rumor, hoping it gathers momentum so the selection committee go out of their way not to use it? ;)
  3. Adamskied

Adamskied Member

Not at all.

Heard on the grapevine from someone who at this
    moment is in the right place at the right time.
  4. Gazabone

Gazabone Member

Yep, I've heard Harmony Music too. Great test! (but then isn't that true of just about anything by such a great composer)
  5. Alyn James

Alyn James Member

My source has just told me it definitely isn't Harmony Music.
  6. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

I've also heard Harmony Music, I wouldn't mind a crack at it, brilliant piece!
  7. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

My sauces say it isn'ta Harmony Music because it's pasta its best.
  8. Garry Lannie

Garry Lannie New Member

Played Harmony Music at the 1987 finals great test piece would love to hear it again , euphonium players grave yard for sure , a real test and it would be interesting to see how far bands have actually come on technically , I am sure that it would still challenge even the best !!
  9. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

OMG! My triple-tonguing's naff - think I'll move onto bass drum if this is the piece... :oops:
  10. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

I predict something 'yellow' fit the first section.

This will follow the trend of:
    Something old
    Something new
    Something old
    Something ce@p
  11. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Looks like the cat's out of the bag on Harmony Music then. I too heard that rumour a couple of weeks ago but never put much truck by these things when they're so early.

The selection comittee have plenty of time to change things if they desire, and if they do desire then someone's well and truly put the mockers on it by posting it here!

Personally I hope they don't because it's a cracker of piece - albeit harder than french-kissing a cobra..... but that doesn't really concern me as we're 1st section from next year.
  12. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Just another thought. I kinda feel like if it was one of my pieces up for selection I'd be a bit unhappy if it got switched out by someone posting about it on here though.....
  13. same source as my source alyn?!
  14. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

I'd love to play harmony music, it'd still be a very stern test for the top section!
  15. bassmittens

bassmittens Member

any rumours circulating around the lower section pieces yet?
  16. Stracathro

Stracathro Member

17. bassmittens

bassmittens Member

Heard 4th section is likely to be another oldie next year......anyone got any other inside info on this, or any other the other lower section pieces yet ;)
  18. Any news on the date when pieces are released?
  19. simonium

simonium Member

I would hazard a guess at the same time as every year - at the National Finals in September.
  20. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Unless someone can't be bothered to wait, and just chucks it up on their website :confused: