2012 Olympic Decision... it's LONDON...

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by TheMusicMan, Jul 6, 2005.

1. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Diana and I will be happy to represent America in this INTERNATIONAL tMP band for the INTERNATIONAL Olympics!!

BTW...I like how you slipped the Welsh flag in there ;)

2. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

I think John should instantly contact Lord Coe (probably very very drunken by now!) and suggest the tMP Band provide entertainment and maybe even LIVE National Anthems - I'll be happy as long as it's always 61 in the hymn book!!!

Rach x

3. Di

Di Active Member

Already taken care of Rach. :cool:

4. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

Wales isn't represented on the union jack

5. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Yes, great news... 7 years to go! :rolleyes:

PS: Where's the Scottish and Irish flags?!

6. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

The Union Jack is representative of the British Isles, and the Welsh Dragon represents the origins of theMouthPiece... :biggrin:

7. tinytimp

tinytimp Member

Apparently the Newport velodrome will be used only for training, as will the national pool in Swansea. Can't see many spectators travelling for 4 hours-ish to watch an event!

8. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Just read that the millenium stadium is going to be used for the football events...wahoooo

9. trevor horn

trevor horn New Member

"olympics london"all well & good mmhhhhh................

but we the tax payers will be paying for it ,yes i know there will be grants from the lottery to assist in the funding but that will probably mean cuts to all the grants brass bands get
    to keep them afloat so its gonna be interesting!

10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I wonder who will end up getting the commission to write the music?

11. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Wembley is getting the finals http://www.wembleystadium.com/pressbox/pressReleases/Olympics2012Win.htm

On another note (Bb?):

Whilst I was slightly pleased that we got the Olympics (even more pleased we beat Paris) it's a bit glad-and-sorry. Glad we got it, sorry we've got to pay for it.For those of us Being right out in the far west of London we'll get no benfits from the added facilities and improved transport and yet we still have to cough up in our council tax to pay for it!. That is of course if I have a house by then in 7 years time it'll probably be a runway! (but thats a different gripe). Course if I win the lottery I won't care cause I'll be in a tax haven somewhere! :D (dream on sunshine :D).

12. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

As is St. James Park!! :biggrin:

I'm delighted we've got the Olympics.... loadsa planning jobs will be created as a result!! woohoo!! I'll be in the money, I'll be in the money!!

13. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

hmm yes i can see some downsides to this but on the other hand... pencil me in for the celebrations, john, i'll still be in my prime at 26 :tongue::biggrin:
    xx