2012 Olympic Decision... it's LONDON...

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by TheMusicMan, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Terrible Timp

Terrible Timp Member

They're holding the beach volleyball at Horseguards Parade have u not been paying attention mr Taylor !!

2. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

l

It could be Margate! Then they could have Chas and Dave playing "Margate" as an opener, in fact I hope they do an Olympic theme!!!

3. Cornishwomble

Horseguard's? That's not a beach that's a Sandpit!

4. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Barcelona, Athens, Sydney......Hackney Wick !!!!!

Will be just down the road from Becontree , wonder whether we can get the opening ceremony gig ? !!!!

Still not entirely certain wether a good or a bad thing generally , but always a bonus to get one up on the French !!!

5. Terrible Timp

Terrible Timp Member

NO BUT IT'S CLOSE !!

6. Cornishwomble

So is Margate, and the competitors can wear "Kiss me Quick" hats and the fish and chips and jellied eels will be cheaper!!

7. brass journo

brass journo Member

glad to see that the United Co-op Yorkshire Brass Band's promotion of London 2012 in Singapore and NZ paid off as well as our signing of the officials London 2012 flags!!!

It must have been the comments of Kaffster and Wan were here across the centre of the flag, though our solo uph player Ben (affectionately known as Jesus for his remarkeable resemblance to the great man) thinks we won because no other country had Jesus sign there flag!!!

rock on - here's to London 2012!!

8. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!

C'MON BRITIAN!

Fantastic news and great to see us getting a massive event....plus we've stitched up the French again!:biggrin: :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2005
  9. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

East East East London
    East East East London
    East East East London
    East East East London
    East East East London
    East East East London
    East East East London
    East East East London
    East East East London
    East East East London
    East East East London
    East East East London
    East East East London
    East East East London
    East East East London
    East East East London

Football tournament to be held jointly by The Boleyn Ground ( see Upton Park and common misconception of West Ham's ground name for explanation ) and Brisbane Road (Leyton Stadium)

J/K

10. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Is it called that because they all run around as it they've lost their heads :?: ;) :D

11. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Just heard that the official location for the cycling events is in the top UK Velodrome... in Newport... wohooooo:)

[​IMG]

12. Laserbeam bass

Just a little bit of humour to add to the celebrations.

Send text at 12.47 to Will the Sec explaining that Paris got the nod.
    Try and send second text explaining that it was in fact London from 12.47:30 onwards. Network jammed out with texts flying around.
    Ring him at 12.55 explaining that I was joking and that it was in fact London.
    Get berated as he had told the whole of his work cafeteria that Paris had got the games [​IMG]

13. Laserbeam bass

Why would they be building a £25 million Velodrome in London, if that was the case??????????????????

14. TheMusicMan

Only reporting what I heard... :)

15. Di

Di Active Member

Thats nasty. :eek: He should bring you up before Judge John! :rolleyes:

16. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

She's at it again!!!!!!

17. fitzy

fitzy Active Member

Well done London. I hope to see some tmpers playing at the opening ceremony!

18. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

The British guy was my Auntie's cousin apparently!
    I watched the whole morning of voting, was very nerve wracking, I can't wait!
    John, can we get tmp involved- it'd be great...playing just before tmp's 10th (?) birthday!

You have to feel a little for Paris though, 3 failed bids for them.

19. TheMusicMan

Believe it or not Fitzy, I am onto this already. Have had conversations with both the BOA and London2012. They loved the idea and want me to put things in writing and contact again shortly.

How's that for quick then...:)

20. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Wow John, you really do provide a first class service - truly impressed as ever!