2012 Olympic Decision... it's LONDON...

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by TheMusicMan, Jul 6, 2005.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

We've done it....

London it is.....
  2. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Absolutely fantatstic news!
  3. Di

Di Active Member

Great news. :clap:
  4. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Absolutely amazing!! :p

That'll teach the French!!!!

Fantastic, hopefully it can do exactly what it proposed and produce a fantastic games...
  5. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Excellent News!!!

Lets hope we make a resounding success of it all round!!
  6. Di

Di Active Member

Well done John. :biggrin: See it on tMP first. :clap::clap::clap:

I just told Steve about this and he said "how do you know" and I said, "well, tMP of course"! :biggrin: BBC news website blocked up solid! Will not load. :wink::tongue:
  7. 2nd man down

someone here read it on the Sky News website just as I read it on here...it was a close run thing, but I actually think John beat them!! :biggrin:
  8. Terrible Timp

Terrible Timp Member

WHOOOO !! Emley brass are more than willing to play at the opening ceremony !!!
  9. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Just waiting now to see how long before the reports of delays and strikes begin to come in ;)

Seriously, I hope it will turn out to be as good for London (and the rest of the UK) as predicted, and that the transport improvements in particular will be of lasting benefit - just a little apprehensive over the disruption in the meantime.
  10. TheMusicMan

Mr Blair called me from Singapore immediately he heard the decision... he realises of course, that the quickest way to get news filtered around the world is to use bandspeople via the one and only tMP...:biggrin::biggrin:
  11. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

absolutely brilliant news!!!

AVE iT!!!!
  12. brassybabe

brassybabe Member

Woo Hoo!!! It's all very exciting!! :woo
  13. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

I just saw it on the telly and it was brilliant, our promo video was exceptional and the experts were saying that they reckoned our presentation this morning swung it!

We've won it now, it's going to happen, I just hope that the whingers and mud-slingers don't try and sour it. I hope that everyone gets behind it cos it's going to be one hell of an event!
  14. TheMusicMan

You bet Roy... Ryder Cup in my home town in 2010, then Olympics in 2012... what a cracking couple of years.
  15. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Great news this :woo

To be honest I'm a little surprised but hey we did it!! Well done Lord Coe and his team.

I just hope we can keep the inevitable cynics and critics quiet and we make this a big a success as we are capable of doing.

Now...where's that queue for the tickets to the 100m final??? :tongue:
  16. TheMusicMan

Never mind the 100M Ian... after watching the Final of the Badminton Mixed Doubles last year... never seen anything so exciting in my life.. what a corking performance. That's be the one I'd want to get tickets for...
  17. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Blimey, are they mad? We had David Beckham for gods sake! Ah well, great news anyway.:clap: Although its a bit far off! I'll be 23! :eek:
  18. Di

Di Active Member

When are you opening up the sign up thread for the tMP band to play then John? :biggrin:
  19. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Right time to get my tickets for the Women's Gymnastics, and I'm wondering which beach will have the Volleyball!!! :biggrin:
  20. 2nd man down

It could only be Saaaaafend couldn't it?!?