2012 Cultural Olympiad

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Will the Sec, May 18, 2010.

1. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

OK, folks, we've (hopefully) all done our bit to back Simon Jones' efforts to get brass into the picture at the 2012 games, now it's the composers' turn. I would love to see three, four or even five of the 20 spots up for grabs to go to Brass Band compositions.

Closing date is 1 October - my first question is which band(s) will play? Obviously, as London band members will be paying more tax wise if the new Government gets its way, the London bands should be asked first...

More here and here.
    Last edited: May 18, 2010
  2. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Good thinking Will

I have visions of the massed London bands marching across the stadium playing a Williams-esque arrangement of traditional cockney songs , hopefully penned by your good self !!
  3. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Mine was similar but it was William-Esque and hopefully penned by John Williams
  4. Will the Sec

I have made a start. I gonna nick bits from pentacle to represent the five rings, as many bits of Spectrum as fit the rings colours, use one movement of my East Ham Suite to represent Newham, and add as many fanfare moments from Gregson and El Philipo as I can get away with. Oh, and have the (singing) basses going du du du dah below the bass clef.
  5. Will the Sec

Anyone got any bright ideas for London based candidates?
  6. Super Ph

Super Ph Member

please no