2009 Oxford Brass Festival

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Nigel Hall, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Nigel Hall

Nigel Hall Supporting Member

The Oxfordshire & District Brass Band Association are holding the 2009 Oxford Brass Festival on Sunday 10th May 2009 at Sandhills School Oxford (off A40 eastbound turn into Sandhills, then immediately right into Terret Road. Follow this to the school. Extra parking is available behind the school).

Junior sections (under 19) include Junior Slow Melodies, Junior Solo Championship, Junior Duet, Junior Quartet, Junior Ensemble and Percussion.

Senior Sections (19+) include Senior Slow Melodies, Senior Solo Championship, Senior Duets and Senior Quartets.

In addition to these there is also the Open Section (open to all ages) which features the Open Solo Championship and the Open Ensemble (5-12 players).

Adjudicators for the day will be Steve Pritchard-Jones (Junior Sections) and Paul Norley (Senior Sections).

Entry is open to all Brass players irrespective of membership of a Brass Band.

For further details and entry forms please contact David Martin 10, Egerton Road Oxford OX4 4JF email: d.martin823@btinternet.com

2. Kiz7

Kiz7 Member

Any chance on having an official accompanist this year Nigel? this is an exellent festival and a great day that would doubtless attract even more entries with an official accompanist. The past two years that I have attended with my students have proved quite a challenge without, meaning we have had to play unaccompanied or ask around on the day if anyone would mind helping.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  3. Nigel Hall

We are hoping to have an accompanist available to the competitors this year Kristyann. I will find out for certain after our next meeting on 12 March and will post as soon as I know.

4. Kiz7

Kiz7 Member

Excellent news Nigel! I can wholeheartedly reccommend this festival - we have been made to feel most welcome in the last two years and will be back for a third year if there is an accompanist!

5. Nigel Hall

Entry forms for the festival are now available. Either PM or email (nigel@mmi-music.co.uk) me with your email or postal address for your copy.

I can confirm that we will have an accompanist available on the day if you require one.

Adjudicator update: Adjudicators will be Steve Pritchard-Jones (Senior Sections) and Dougall Prophet (Junior Sections).

6. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

You can now also download the entry form and rules from the newly-revamped Association website at http://www.odbba.org.

Thanks!

Dave

7. Nigel Hall

Just a quick reminder that the closing date for entries is fast approaching (Friday 17th April).

You can get an entry form and copy of the rules either from the ODBBA website (www.odbba.org) or by sending me a PM.

8. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Hi Nigel,

I keep meaning to wave this around at band, but forgetting - is Friday a hard deadline?

Cheers,
    Dave

9. LynneW

LynneW Member

Hi Dave,

We've got a meeting tonight so I'll let them know there may be some late entries from your band.

Thanks,
    Lynne

10. Nigel Hall

Results from last Sunday's Brass festival can now be found on the ODBBA Website www.odbba.org

Congratulations to all the competitors who made the day a great success.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    FONT=Times New Roman
    Sandhills
    Oxfordshire & District Brass Band Association
    A40
    Oxford Brass Festival