2009 F1 season

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by StellaJohnson, Mar 20, 2009.

1. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Looking forward to the new season. Only another week to go.
    Go Lewis Go!!:biggrin:

2. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

Lewis comes out of qualifying last. Brawn GP wipe the floor with everyone in qualifying.

3. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

As a member of a band that has been to Harrogate twice in the last four years, but is now facing demotion having come second to last in the Areas this year, I took a certain comfort from this news. If it can happen to a World Champion it doesn't seem quite so bad that it's happened to me :p

The important thing is what happens next. My band is going to fight back, whatever Section we're in. I hope Hamilton does the same :tup

4. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

he actually qualified 15th but had a drivetrain failure so was moved back.

5. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

Is that technospeak for "the elastic band broke"?

6. spiffy

spiffy New Member

He had a gearbox failure so it needed replacing. This incures a 5 place penalty, but the 2 toyotas had been moved to the back of the gid to an illegal diffuser meaning he only got a 3 place drop

7. StellaJohnson

Great result for jenson, forgot he existed!!
    but hes still rubbish

8. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Good race that. Lots of overtaking and agressive driving, which is always good to see. I think I'll enjoy this year.

9. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

the BEST thing about the F1 this year is the BBC coverage and the re-instating of 'The Chain'.....ace ace ace

10. hicks

hicks Member

Button did well, but Hamilton seems to have been forgotten - great drive from the back of the grid to 3rd, in an uncompetitive car! Good result for Mclaren.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    FIA
    way
    F1 season
    reason
    unfortunatleu
  12. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure Hamilton would've taken 3rd with both hands if he was offered it before the race! Good drive - kept his nose clean, didn't crash into anyone else (unlike some people!!) and kept turning in consistent times. By all accounts McLaren will struggle even more next week though.

Good to see Button finally driving a decent car too - again much like Hamilton above he did everything he needed to to win the race - a great drive.

And a general :tup for the BBC's coverage too. Shame its not in HD though. But thank god we've (finally) got rid of adverts and James 'state-the-bleeding-obvious' Allen.

13. StellaJohnson

Martin Brundle is just as bad
    Thank god for DC and Eddie Jordan

14. WoodenFlugel

Hmm I reckon Brundle is OK. At least he's been there and done it. My beef with Allen was the way he made every little thing sound like it was going to be a pivotal moment in the whole year. You just know if he'd been commentating on Sunday he would've been talking about Button being the Championship favourite and Massa / Ferrari's Championship chances now being in tatters - after 1 race. Jonathan Legard is much, much more level-headed. Thank god.

Horses for courses I guess.

15. hicks

hicks Member

Yes I do like the commentary box team now. Legard has the ability to inject a bit of excitement into the commentary, and certainly seems to know his stuff. Brundle has of course been there and done that.
    Not so sure about the Eddie and DC space-filler act.

16. StellaJohnson

Brundle is bad, if u like listening to motorsport commentatery just listen to bog standard Eurosport. People who are interesting and know wot they are talking about. Please will u commentated the F1!!

17. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

In the words of Nelson Muntz - Ha ha!

So glad to see that Hamilton and McLaren have been brought down a peg or 6!

18. StellaJohnson

lewis has been disqualified:mad:

19. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

He shouldn't have broken the rules.

20. WoodenFlugel

Hamilton Looses 3rd place (BBC)

Hmm I was ready to defend Hamilton again - I even thought of posting something like 'FIA rules = abstract concept'. That was until I read the last couple of lines of that report....:rolleyes:

I'd draw the line at saying he was stupid, but given what was going on last year between the FIA and McLaren he was naive in the extreme to think he could get away with that.

21. Mr Guinness

Mr Guinness Member

I agree. The report still doesn't contain any official statement mind you, although I suspect Brundle is probably correct in his summing up. It would certainly be naive in the extreme to think it possible to engineer a result in front of a capacity F1 crowd and the 'all seeing' media. 'Stupid' is probably not that unreasonable if true.

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    FIA
    way
    F1 season
    reason
    unfortunatleu