2008, first rehearsal.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Cornet Nev., Dec 27, 2007.

1. Cornet Nev.

Cornet Nev. Member

It is getting closer, what piece are you likely to be rehearsing the most on the first rehearsal of the year? are you looking forward to it, or dreading the idea?
    I will give you a clue, for me it has something to do with cities around the world.

2. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I'd imagine St. Magnus, St. Magnus and...St. Magnus for us. It will be nice to finally dig our teeth into it.

3. grahammck

grahammck Member

Dark Side of the Moon for us

4. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Plantagenets

5. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

Yes we are back on thursday. At our last rehearsal before christmas Mr Steve Sykes came down and gave us a workout. His most memorable comment I think was "eh there`s enough wrong notes in there to write another piece!" :D

6. CubbRep

CubbRep Member

Dark Side of The Moon.I can't wait to start getting stuck in.

CubbRep...Repiano...Cubbington Silver.

7. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Butlins piece I expect. At least you know at that rehearsal thats the worse you're gonna play it!!!!!

8. Mesmerist

Hah! There speaks an optimist!!!!:frown:

9. eanto

eanto Member

I attended a workshop from this virtuoso. Max respect:clap: You're lucky to have him me thinks.

10. Mesmerist

Yes he is a genius. He is coming twice more in 2008 (He is a guest conductor) . His family came for a blow as well as they don`t live too far away and the boys were home from school.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    cities
    world
    year
    rehearsal
    piece
  12. eanto

eanto Member

I'm off on holiday (again) to the Far East in January for 3 weeks. Did the same last year and took my horn:eek: but it was the 'Seasons' (horn solo:redface: )at the regionals, and we won:tongue: Should I take my horn this year for 'Dark Side of Moon?!' or should I take up rehearsals when I get back

13. Mesmerist

If you are competing in the West country then don`t take your horn but if not then of course you naughty part-timer! Enjoy your holiday.X

14. flugel_fancy

flugel_fancy Member

Same here, Dark side of the moon. We've had our own parts over christmas and the CD to listen to so there shouldn't be any bum notes! Yeh right!! Actually while Im thinking about might go try and find it :redface:

15. sunshine

sunshine Member

Yep we've got the cities too. I hope the MD has ordered it!!! :-?

Sunshine x

16. Cornet Nev.

Cornet Nev. Member

Well best of luck with it Sunshine if you still haven't got it, there isn't much time left. We have had a quick run through to get an idea of it, and bring home to get more familiar with it over the hols. But it will be serious graft soon.

17. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

I'm not 100% sure. It could be Festival Music or it could be The Vikings by Philip Sparke.

18. David Mann

David Mann Member

No area test piece for Gretton!:clap: We don't contest so will be working on repertoire for the short, medium and long term, making sure everyone has something to enjoy and challenge them. Hopefully no-one will think my MD requests are too crazy!
    With my Dunchurch hat on we'll be having a crack at the area on 4 Cities.

19. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

James Cook for the forseeable future - groan

20. HBB

HBB Active Member

I imagine we'll be having a quick blow through some testpieces for the Preston Contest! :)

21. brassed_off

brassed_off Member

As long as it's not the 2nd section test piece (which on first play before Christmas through seemed deadly boring!) I don't care! Bring back rehearsals and post rehearsal beer.

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    cities
    world
    year
    rehearsal
    piece