2007 Boat race

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Mesmerist, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

Does anyone else wonder why there is so much fuss about the "boat race" when there are only 2 entrants?
  2. simonbassbone

simonbassbone Member

Because its an amazing feat of endurance, competed in by amatuers who are full time students and a piece of English history.:clap:
    Because the BBC used to show it live because everyone at the BBC and working on most national newspapers used to go to either Oxford or Cambridge. This led to ITV needing to outbid for the rights.:confused:

Who cares, Cambridge won.:clap: :clap: :clap:
  3. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

My Economics teacher at Six Form went to Cambridge. He bought his Masters for £30 (begged his mum for the cash) and once bumped into Prince Charles when he was running late for a lecture.

He never did the boat race though.
  4. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Fulham's Brass Ramblers played at Duke's Meadow. THAT's why it's important!
  5. Daniel Sheard

Daniel Sheard Member

Don't think so. You do not pay for Masters degrees at Cambridge. That's Oxford...

As to the original question, I've never really understood the fascination. I suppose it is just one of those things which has acquired its own momentum.
  6. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

7. simonbassbone

simonbassbone Member

I refer you to my other answer, the top knobs at the Beeb all went to Oxford or Cambridge.;)

Of course you can't by a Masters from Cambridge, they come automatically after 3 years.:D :D
  8. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

It really is quite obvious. At 4.30 on a Saturday afternoon, what else is there to gamble on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!