2007-2008 season: How's yours been?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Masterblaster jnr, May 12, 2008.

1. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

Highlights, Lowlights, what made this season special for you.

Fergie=legend :p :p :p
  2. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Middling. Destined for 10th place from well before Christmas!
  3. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

But finished on a high note - Spurs were below us, the blues didn't win the league and Reo-Coker's lot consigned to the Inter Toto. Could have been a lot worse!
    + Deano back in the England squad - Capello was at the Boleyn on Sunday b ut seemed to miss the quality that is England's No 6 & Hammer of the Year, Robert Green.
  4. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Considering how we were doing at the beginning of the season I'm just glad we didnt get relegated.

Beating the Mackems was a plus too! :tup
  5. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Play off Finals for Leeds !!
    We'll do Donny or the seasiders no problem !!

Marching on together back to the top !!!
    Have It!!!!!
  6. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Still waiting to see. Rangers have got three must win games to go. Drop points in any of them and Celtic have one win for the title.
  7. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

Well, I think everybody knows what my teams season be like.

I am just wondering if we be getting yet another management change, after what Keegan said about not getting in the top 4, unless you have oooodles of cash, like those clubs do!!!
  8. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I'll let you know after May 21st!
  9. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Well Rangers duly dropped two points today they still have a game in hand but have to win it by eight goals to set up a winner take all last day on Thursday. Celtic only need to beat Dundee United to win the tilte.
  10. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

Cmon United!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Champions of europe once more
  11. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

Nearly as good as it gets.
  12. DublinBass

Watford out in the first round of playoffs, Chelsea with no silver...a bit disappointing. At least Columbus are off to a good start.
  13. brassbandmaestro

I am glad that Man Utd won the Eurpean Champions league last night. Shame it had to go to penalties, though. Acompetion at this level, I always feel should never come to this situation. Perhaps the 'Goldern Goal', would be a better alternative.
  14. Sopstar superstar

Sopstar superstar New Member

Huddersfield putting one over on the brummies, terriers, why don't you watch a proper sport like Rugby League, come on you Giants
  15. DublinBass

I think that at 90 minutes they should cut down to 10v.10, at 105 min 9v.9 and at 120 8v.8

That'll help ensure there are some goals scored.
  16. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Not sure how that would help Pat. I appreciate it will create more space on a pitch, however quite often when its 11 v 10 the weakened side can shut up shop.

As for my teams season, just glad its over. Gutted that Huckerby has been released, but just hope that Glenn Roeder has a cunning plan!
  17. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Baldrick: I have a plan, sir.
    Blackadder: Really, Baldrick. A cunning and subtle one?
    Baldrick: Yes, sir.
    Blackadder: As cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University?

18. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

So true John, however I feel Roeder is more Blackadder and Lee Clark is more Baldrick!

Stephen Fry could of course reprise his many roles in Blackadder as he is a regular visitor to Carrow Road!

Delia could play Mrs Miggins and run a pie shop! My god a new series of Blackadder could be based around Norwich City! Blackadder V: The quest for the Premiership!
  19. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Champions again and it was the sweetest one. A Celtic win at Dundee Utd coupled with an 2-0 victory for Aberdeen over Rangers sees Celtic retain the championship to make it three in a row. Many people had written us off a few short weeks ago when Rangers had three games in hand and a potential 7 point lead. Rangers though dropped the points and Celtic won their last seven games to take the title. A title in rememberance of Tommy Burns.
  20. brassbandmaestro

Well I thought what Celtic did for Tommy Burns was really great stuff!! RIP Tommy Burns.