2006 regional contests!

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by madandcrazytromboneguy, Sep 20, 2005.

1. i know its a long way off yet but has there been a thread opened to talk about next years regional contests?, if there has can you please type the link on this thread for me, if there hasnt, then heres an unofficial thread to start talking about next years areas, whos gonna win, lose, get promoted, get relegated, you guys know the drill ;)

2. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

We will be there for the first time in the 3rd section.

3. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

It would be good to a have a sticky thread for each section's piece, so you dont have to troll through the single thread, trying to find replys on the piece that your actually playing, would it be alot easier, no? Maybe its been done that way before and my memorys just poor, and it was that way for the runup for this years contests?!!

For the record, we're playing Entertainments, havent played or heard it before, but got a CD on Fri but havent really listened to it yet! The way things are going, think we'd better start now!!! :rolleyes:

4. dyl

dyl Active Member

Thanks for the suggestion Willie - we'll have a chat amongst us to discuss it. Last year we had stickies for each Area, which seemed to work well, and we are of course, always open to suggestions - in fact I have a few of my own which I'll keep to myself for now! ;)

Here's the existing thread on next year's test pieces: http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/showthread.php?t=15692

Personally I think it's way too early to start discussing next year's areas - this year's finals haven't taken place yet - and any predictions for the 2006 events would not include any bands promoted as a result of the finals!

5. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

Looking forward to Journey.........

Maybe we can get back to a piece that is judged on the bands performances rather than the musical interpretation of the MD!

6. kevthedrummer

kevthedrummer Member

Its A gr8 test piece cant wait gonna take a lot of playing tho :)

7. stotty74

stotty74 Member

Can anyone confirm the dates for the Welsh Area's aswell please? We originally thought 11/12 March, which would put it the same weekend as the North West, but then on Tuesday night, our contest secretary was told it had been moved to the following weekend 18/19 March!! We've not had it in writing, but he was told this by a member of the Welsh Committee. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
    Cheers

8. persins

persins Member

Agreed. I can't wait to get amongst it. It will certainly provide a different challenge than Rienzi last year!
    Just got to get the Scottish open and Yeovil out of the way first!
    I've had a few cheeky listens and think it is great! I just hope that it will be as enjoyable to rehearse as it is to listen to.

L8rs
    Simon

9. Deano

Deano Member

Yes, the Welsh regional is the 18/19th. I originally posted it as the 11/12th on sound advice but have since been told by the powers that be that it is infact 18/19th.

Apologies if I have caused any confusion.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2005
  10. Di

Di Active Member

Just for confirmation, all the dates are here

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    way
    contests
    thread
    areas
    guys
  12. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

Ooooooooooohhhh I can't wait to play our piece!!! It's gonna be amazin!! Arrghh! cadenza! Arrghh area!! Arrghhh exciting :biggrin::biggrin::clap::clap:

13. HBB

HBB Active Member

Wooo! Concerto for Percussion in the Champ section!!