2005 European

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Chris Sanders, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Having just read the cover of this weeks British Bandsman, I was disappointed to learn that Kapitol Promotions will be hosting the 2005 Europeans at 'the Harrogate International Centre'. I attended the lower section finals to watch my father play in the fourth section, and was not impressed by the venue.

Could Kapitol Promotions not find a more prestigious venue to host the Elite bands in Europe, if it is to be held in England then how about 'the Royal Festival Hall' in London or Manchesters 'Bridgewater Hall'??
  2. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

Depends what venues are available at relatively short notice, I guess.
  3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Therefore (?), Gronigen has been dumped totally from their plans? (Scottish Co-op already withdrew because of costs). Why the sudden change by Kapitol?
  4. Chris Sanders

It says in the article, The Kapitol Promotions European Brass Band Championships will take place on 30 April and 1 May, the same weekend as the EBBA event in Gronigen, Holland??
  5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Bizarre! :-?
  6. Chris Sanders

7. euphonism

euphonism New Member

I sure hope that the best GB bands come to Groningen, I just spend 60 Euro on tickets for the contest and it would be really ****ty if I'm only able to hear bands from Holland.

(apolagies for the bad english, I'm dutch you see :-D )
  8. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

What is it with Kapitol and Harrogate? First they move the Lower section Finals there, now the European! Not having been there but is the venue really that good, or is there some other motive?
  9. Chris Sanders

I, like most I expect would much rather be in Holland than sunny Harrogate!!