2004 Brass Band Summer School

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Moy, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Moy

Moy Active Member

Before I post off my deposit for this course - Bromsgrove School Sunday 8 August - Saturday 14th August, any of tMP members going?????

Is it a good course and what is the age range ???:cry:
    Scared in case I am the only old oldie there.
  2. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

No, plus it starts on my special birthday. But does this occur every year, becuase this might be useful for my DofE residential?
  3. Hilary Mateer

Hilary Mateer Member

I'm going :D :D :D

Been every year since 1999 and wouldn't miss it for anything.

I'm having to miss the WMA summer school this year as they clash :( but no doubt about which one to go to. (Sorry Dave)

Don't worry about the age range - there have been players in their teens and players in their 80's there, and everything inbetween.

I don't know which TMP menbers are going this year but there have been quite a few there previous years.

Look forward to seeing you there :)
  4. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

yes its an annual event :lol:
  5. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

...as if you would have a problem fitting in with the younger ones silly!!

6. Moy

Moy Active Member

Yeh Kirsty but have this fear and dream of doing the concert with a load of teenagers and me playing 96 horn. :wink:
  7. am going

can't wait to catch up with every1 i met last year.....
  8. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

Not attending, but as I only live around the corner from the school anyone want to sneak out for :guiness ?
  9. hmmm, wud be underage drinking 4 me though. nice idea
  10. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

That does happen now and then... I'm sure we can fix something. Now where did I put that cornet...?

11. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Now I want to go... lol. (Can't though..)
  12. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

Sorry, but for me the words summer and school don't got together!!!! :wink: :p :)
  13. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

is that different to a normal birthday then??

ps.. no, I'm not going... I don't need any more people to know how much I suck...
  14. cornetplayer1

cornetplayer1 Member

there's a really big age range from very little ones to, well, seinior members, (we had one guy who was in his 80's). loads of people go it's a really good week, playing from 9am till 9pm then and few 'quiet' drinks, what could be better! :guiness
    it's loads of fun, hopefully i'll be going again this year, fingers crossed!!
    but i shouldnt worry about the age thing!
  15. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

I am tempted to go this year due to how good the reviews were from last year!