2003 Final's Concert CD

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Bariman, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Bariman

Bariman Member

I keep seeing adverts in the BB for this CD yet I don't think I've seen a review of it and it doesn't appear to be sold by anyone else other than Kapitol.

Has anyone bought it? If so what's it like and is it worth the money?

2. Bariman

Bariman Member

I think the absence of any replies answers my questions :roll:

3. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

We were not invited to stock this particular release so I haven't seen or heard it as yet.

4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

And most of the adverts I've seen have been in publications that they own, or at least have some influence over. Without track listings I'd be surprised if they've sold very many, to be honest.

5. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Have they done a Video/ DVD? I've really enjoyed watching the Epic Brass, Jubilee Brass, Europeans, and Eric Ball Vids/ DVD's as you get to see what was going on although you weren't there, (was at the Eric Ball concert though- was brilliant, as is the DVD, thanks WoB!).
    Such as Roger and David's duets on Epic Brass and the euphonium quartet/ sextet on Jubilee Brass.
    Why aren't they promoting it very well, surely they'd want to sell them?

6. Yeah them vids and dvd's are essential for anyone who can't get in on the live action!!!

7. WorldofBrass.com

Kapitol Promotions did not do a Video/DVD of the 2003 Nationals.

A bit of advanced information here.
    We have noticed a strong trend on the European 2003 Highlights and Eric Ball concert of DVDs massively outselling Videos. We have therefore decided that the 2004 European highlights will be on DVD only.

8. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

The producers of this CD apparently want to limit their global sales. If it wasn't for this thread I for one (and I'm sure I'm not alone) wouldn't know it was out yet. I suggest they need to get it into the hands of people who have the ability to market it (Hint, hint - World of Brass). But perhaps they don't visit tMP :?

9. WorldofBrass.com

Maybe they do, after all!
    Here's the link to the CD on our site;
    http://www.worldofbrass.com/acatalog/21281.html