2 x Tenor trombones for sale

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Paul M, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Paul M

Paul M New Member

Martin Urbie Green jazz trombone TR4501 - .500 bore, 8 inch bell. Bought new, hardly played, I didn't like curved hand brace and had a straight one put on so the hand grip was smaller - work done professionally by experienced trombone technician and hand grip (only) re-lacquered by McQueens. Paid £1450 for it - looking for £900. Instrument as new, Martin case and slide still needs to be played in, great range and sound. Come with boxed unopened Holton mouthpiece 2C.

1960's King 3B silversonic HN White - lacquer removed from silver bell section, some of the gold wash has faded inside the bell but remains a very attractive instrument. Slide very smooth and quick, some lacquer wear to outside - no dent, some minor marks as you would expect for an instrument of this age. Comes with a vintage Selmer coffin case - some wear and tear but all in working order.

Message me for photo's - I can e-mail etc. Would prefer collection but can discuss if anyone is interested.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Paul M

Paul M New Member

apologies - price on the King 3B SS is £1200 - serial number is 399418.

3. Vegasbound

Vegasbound Active Member

Paul have you advertised them on tromboneforum.com ?

Shame you changed the urbie, do you still have the curved brace?

4. Paul M

Paul M New Member

No I haven't advertised more widely yet. I think Sharon McCallum who did the work may have it. I will try and get it. I just found the hand grip to much of a stretch and pressure on hand. Thanks
    p

5. Vegasbound

Vegasbound Active Member

If you can get it back it would be good to say included with sale as the curve brace is a big feature on the Urbie!

6. Paul M

Paul M New Member

Yes an uncomfortable one .....much more comfortable with a traditional grip similar size to a King now