2 x Tenor trombones for sale

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Paul M, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Paul M

Paul M New Member

Martin Urbie Green jazz trombone TR4501 - .500 bore, 8 inch bell. Bought new, hardly played, I didn't like curved hand brace and had a straight one put on so the hand grip was smaller - work done professionally by experienced trombone technician and hand grip (only) re-lacquered by McQueens. Paid £1450 for it - looking for £900. Instrument as new, Martin case and slide still needs to be played in, great range and sound. Come with boxed unopened Holton mouthpiece 2C.

1960's King 3B silversonic HN White - lacquer removed from silver bell section, some of the gold wash has faded inside the bell but remains a very attractive instrument. Slide very smooth and quick, some lacquer wear to outside - no dent, some minor marks as you would expect for an instrument of this age. Comes with a vintage Selmer coffin case - some wear and tear but all in working order.

Message me for photo's - I can e-mail etc. Would prefer collection but can discuss if anyone is interested.

Attached Files:

2. Paul M

Paul M New Member

apologies - price on the King 3B SS is £1200 - serial number is 399418.
  3. Vegasbound

Vegasbound Active Member

Paul have you advertised them on tromboneforum.com ?

Shame you changed the urbie, do you still have the curved brace?
  4. Paul M

Paul M New Member

No I haven't advertised more widely yet. I think Sharon McCallum who did the work may have it. I will try and get it. I just found the hand grip to much of a stretch and pressure on hand. Thanks
  5. Vegasbound

Vegasbound Active Member

If you can get it back it would be good to say included with sale as the curve brace is a big feature on the Urbie!
  6. Paul M

Paul M New Member

Yes an uncomfortable one .....much more comfortable with a traditional grip similar size to a King now