2 new John Williams arrangements by Philip Sparke

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements' started by Anglo Music Press, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Anglo Music Press

Anglo Music Press Active Member

Anglo Music Press has just released 2 new John Williams arrangements, both transribed by Philip Sparke

LIBERTY FANFARE
    Written for the re-dedication of the Statue of Liberty

SUMMON THE HEROES
    Complete version of the fanfare written for the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games

Both available now from your local dealer or De Haske UK (contact details on my web site, below)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    John Williams
    arrangements
    re-dedication
    dealer
    THE HEROES
  3. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

a complete version of Summon the Heroes??

including all the percussion and that mad oboe and bassoon bit?

aaargh :shock: :shock:

great stuff though..

4. Anglo Music Press

Summon the Heroes

Yes, the lot. I have made the percussion playable by three players and only four timps (!) and the CONTEST (your 'mad oboe and bassoon bit'!) is in there (on tuned perc) but I have put an optional cut to avoid embarrasment all round! (Me included!)

5. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

:D this I have to hear!

*rubs hands gleefully*

6. Anglo Music Press

7. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Do you mind if I ask (and I really don't want this to appear insolent or provocative in any way) how you were able to get permission for these arrangements, when every formal licence request that I have made to obtain permission to make an arrangent of William's music has been refused with the blanket assertion that "it is policy not to authorise third-party arrangements of John Williams' music"

Just wondering.

Regards,

Gareth

8. ukdrummerboy

ukdrummerboy Member

I've had this response to. I myself have tried to get permission for several JW arrangements, and always been turned down, as i know Wright & Round and Bernearts Music always struggle to get permission to (as they have tried on my behalf!) Something to do with JW having to personally approve any score of an arrangement! So i myself would be most grateful if any insight was offered?