2 euphoniums, different places

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by sevenhelz, Jan 27, 2007.

1. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

Hello there, two points of interest today. Firstly my dear older brother has not (as far as I know) played euphonium in several years, but would probably succumb to some prodding if a nice lower section band in Sheffield wants to take him in. Please note he would need an instrument, but he is very smart and can probably re-learn as he goes along. I don't know, take him as you find.

Secondly: A young man named Oliver used to play joint solo euph with me in St Helens Youth. He's a good player, with a fantastic sound, his own Prestige euphonium and even his own car. I'd imagine he's looking for a higher-section band, but apparently he's having difficulty finding anything at all down in Coventry. Would anybody take this poor young man in?

Thankyou kindly.
    xx

2. kierendinno

kierendinno Member

Dinnington Colliery

Your brother, along with any other intersted players, is welcome to come along for a blow with the Dinnington Colliery.

We rehearse Wednesday (7.30-9.30) and Sunday (6-8pm) next to the Dinnington SYPTE Transport Intercahnge.

Thanks

3. Hi there,

We are 1st section band based in Sheffield and are on the Tram route. We have a good standard of training band and could easliy provide a nice insturment for your older brother. The training band are more than welcome to sit in on our rehearsals also (unless we are on a build up to a big competition!!)

Feel free to PM me or any other member (eg: bassmittens, cookie2, squirrel) for more details.

Hope to see him soon!

SBB

4. boogaloo

boogaloo Member

try thorpe hesley, a young, up and coming band, very friendly, could use a euph/bari/bass...
    contact me, boogaloo

5. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

Thankyou everyone for the Sheffield offers - I can't promise my brother will be in touch as he is still unsure if he wants the commitment (although I know some of you will be very understanding) but I will certainly let him know there is al this interest :)

Still looking out for a band in Coventry, any takers?
    xx