1st Section Results (Harrogate)

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Roger Thorne, Sep 11, 2004.

1. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Results now in.

Congrats to the winning bands

1 Pemberton Old Wigan 194
    2 Parc and Dare 193
    3 Staines Brass 192
    4 Newtongrange 189
    5 Hatfield Coal Power 188
    6 VBS Poynton 187

Full results over at 4BR.

2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Well Done Pem!!!! :D Whoohoooo! :-D
  3. orange juice

orange juice New Member

Excellent...the top two bands definitely deserve this success...from what I have gathered chatting to some people on here, they have put in 100% committment and effort, well done!!!
  4. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

brass band world have just published differnent results to 4barsrest- the points seem to be the same though :-?
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2004
  5. stopher

stopher Member

Well done to Pem - Derek will eb behind the bar till about thursday after this win.

Well done to Parc and Roberts the MD - nice one you old tart!
  6. LipService

LipService Member

Congrats to all the placed bands!

Well done of course to Staines, nice to see an L&SC Band in the running. All credit to the band that got you to Harrogate :)
  7. Mofman

Mofman Member

Well done Pemberton Old!!! Glad to see a North West band becoming Champions!

Well done to all the other 'placed' bands.

Glad the event went so smoothly. Kapitol did an excellent job.

The only gripe is that having to pay £5 to listen to the results, I felt kept a lot of bandsmen away from the venue.
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2004
  8. tewkeshorn

tewkeshorn Account Suspended

Well done to Pemberton, but was amazed that Langley wasn't put higher as they didn't deserve last place.

As for the results they should have just announced it in the foyer where everyone was anyway instead of the hall!

Funniest thing was tho, basstrom4eva thought it was in Huddersfield, not Harrogate!!
  9. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

That reminds me of an incident some years ago when me and Bagpuss went to Leamington Spa to listen to the Midlands Association Contest and ended up in Nottingham!!

We only missed the first 6 bands though!

OK back on topic

10. HBB

HBB Active Member

Hehee! We almost missed playing in a concert. We decided that we'd go on the motorway to a regular bandjob, instead of the contest ... never let women navigate!!!!!

:oops: :ranting2: :)
  11. winterman

winterman Member

Aye well done Pemberton, good show, was a pleasure to share the hotel with you lot too.. ;)

Excellent work from Kapitol and staff, was a very enjoyable day yesterday, very relaxed and streamlined.

The £5 thing was a farce as we all just walked in for the results didn't have to show any tickets.

All the best for 2nd and 3rds today!

Mic Tyler
    Solo Euphonium
    Drighlington Brass Band
  12. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

I also did that when going to see the cornet king last year - good job I checked half way up the motorway!
  13. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

Thanks John, maybe not last but performance wasnt best!

Great Job Kapitol, very well organised and run, makes the day so much easier.
    Congratulations to Pemberton on a fine win - well deserved I hear.

To everyone in the hall for the results, thanks for the outstanding ovation you all gave Jude Freckleton - she was very touched and it meant a great deal to her. :)
  14. ScreamingSop

ScreamingSop Member

yeah, the best organised contest ive ever played at!!

well done pem!!!! COME ON NORTH WEST!!!

was a great weekend, the venue was great but quite dry and hard to play on i thought.

we just showed our bandsmens passes to get in for the results

by the way peeps, HOW WEIRD WAS THE WARM UP ROOM????
  15. did anyone hear Staines?
  16. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

how rude!

congrats pem!
  17. rude? a simple enough question, apart from the 15 people in the audience who else knows about the band from London?
  18. sorry aimee wrong end of the stick
  19. Dan

Dan Member

A very enjoyable day. For me the team Kapitol really did it.

As a perc, I have never felt so relaxed about the kit on the stage. We were given the opportunity to have a quick peek at the gear and ask Ray, (apologies if have got your name wrong!) who owned all the percussion, any questions.

I have never experienced such a helpful and knowledgeable team on stage. The timps were constantly checked for tuning and there were people there ensuring that there was no percussion sabotage. (Still didn't stop me shaking like a leaf on stage tho - not sure whether anything can cure that :shock: )

I was chatting to a member of the Kapitol team in the bar after we played. I would just like to point out that they were working as volunteers and were unpaid. Just like may of the other people who were invloved in the organising of this contest. Thanks also to the members of Harrogate band and anyone else who helped make the weekend a success.

20. Jasonp

Jasonp Member

On behalf of Staines band I'd like to Congratulate Pemberton and Parc. As for Staines coming 3rd I'd like to say that I'm very proud of my boys and girls. It was a blinding performance. Hopefully We'll be back again next year to try and do better.
    The whole weekend was very well organised and was a great success.
    Well done everyone.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2004