1st ever Prestige Euph on Ebay!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by BbBill, Dec 9, 2005.

1. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Just seen this Prestige Euph on Ebay here

Claims to be the 1st ever made, inspected and stamped with 000001 by Steven Mead!

Doesnt even come with the proper case, just a brand new "Ritter euph case" and SM4 mouthpiece!

To me, the closeup photo, (although not that great,) looks like its been done at a shop that engraves cups or trophies! I might be wrong tho..

One question is claiming it to be a scam euph, what do you think euph owners, genuine or fake?!!
    Good "buy it now price", £4000!! Alittle high me thinks, and I think I would be paying a wee bit more than £8 for the postage! ;)
  2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

"The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale"

- really odd one this! If it was genuine, all that I could think of was a prototype pre-sales display model but that wouldn't explain the serial number.
  3. alanl58

alanl58 Member

If you look carefully at the photos, you can see that the engraving at the bottom - the serial number etc - is fresher than the Besson logo above it.

Now maybe that is just how the lighting is falling on the bell, but more likely suggests a "clocked mileage".

I also note that the sellers rating is influenced by the abilty to pay for goods, rather than their depatch - but I could be wrong there as well.

After the Watchdog programme I am suprised that anyone buys anything on e-Bay any more....!

4. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

It mustve just ended between me starting the thread and your post Brassneck!

Maybe its ended early cos they had a sudden guilt trip or maybe cos Steven Mead wants it back.....!
  5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- maybe the seller withdrew the sale because she's been ripped off??? The date on the bell corresponds with the development of the model though and if it had to be displayed as a demonstration model I would expect something different on it to clearly identify it from other euphoniums! It would be interesting to find out what happened to the YBS prototype Xenos once official production had started. Were they returned to Japan to be replaced by assembly line models??
  6. PowerRanger

PowerRanger Member

I have one for sale if you really want one!

BSP Xeno with gold valve caps
    Serial no. 000000001
    Bell inscribed with "Bell passed by Professor David King"

As it's nearly christmas, you can have it for £3995

SORRY :oops:
  7. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

:eek: ... Strange, I was offered the same cornet but in laquer finish! And at only £2500! :rolleyes:
  8. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

Think YBS have still got them.
  9. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

10. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Hum, think its a fake!
    If I was interested in purchasing it- which i'm not as i'm not made of money! There's only one way to be sure- contact Steve and ask him!
    Personally though I wouldn't see how the seller could have got hold of such an item, and think it's a scam!