101 Things to do with Hymn Tunes

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Gavin, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Gavin

Gavin Supporting Member

Just started back rehearsals after a nice long summer break?

Already fed up of doing the same old hymns the same old way?

If so, why not get your band to buy this ultimate band training guide by Russell Gray? Called 101 Things to do with Hymn Tunes, it is exactly that and comes with it's own specially arranged set of 10 Hymn Tunes. Very reasonably priced at £30 for score AND parts set, plus £3 p&p.

For a little more general information and how to order this product, go to www.jagrins.com and follow the link from our main page.

Gavin
    JAGRINS Music Publications

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    10 Hymn Tunes
    www.jagrins.com
    Hymn Tunes
    Russell Gray
    parts
  3. DannyCollin

DannyCollin Member

I hear you have got some rather good quintet arrangements too Gavin....especially the humourous version of the finale from William Tell

4. Gavin

Gavin Supporting Member

Hi Andy

Yes we have, plus as you know loads of other good stuff!

BTW, to everyone else, review coming on 4barsrest shortly.

Gavin
    JAGRINS Music Publications

5. Big Gav

Big Gav Member

I recently bought myself this book, and I persuaded several local bands in the North Wales area to buy it also. Those of us who have seen and used it have been very impressed. As a band trainer of various bands it is sometimes very difficult to come up with some new ideas for teaching and inspiring band members. This is as true with youngsters as it is with 'seasoned' veterans! I still think that playing hymn tunes is a great teaching tool. It teaches balance. moving together, listening skills, and also THE dreaded aspect of playing in tune! The problem with playing the same hymns all the time, and in the same way. is that people can get bored. This new book by Russell Gray and JAGRINS provides new ideas for the conductor and will make playing hymns much more enjoyable. The new arrangements which come with the book are great and I have been using them already in preparation for the coming season. Another good thing is that this book will provide ideas for years. I thoroughly recommend this book. Not only are the contents excellent but it's also good to see a publisher who cares as much for the presentation of their work as they do for the actual contents!