101 Dalmations (Not)

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by jackocorn, Mar 16, 2007.

1. jackocorn

jackocorn Member

2. MISS PITCH

MISS PITCH Member

that looks good! - have u purchased a copy yet? if so what level do u think is appropiate to introduce youth band members to it? we have a lot of 'learner' players who become very bored with god save the queen and largo...

F x

3. mattkingston

mattkingston New Member

Faye,
    I may as well field that one, as I wrote it! The book covers a range of difficulties, with pieces suitable for beginners (it doesn't include God Save the Queen, but has a number of equally simple tunes), through to stuff that will be challenging for a Grade 8 player. My feeling was that kids will soon outgrow a book like Winners Galore, whereas with 101 they will always have something to work towards, thus helping their development as players.

I'd be more than happy to send you a complimentary copy for you to try out. Give me a call (07719 797893) or email me (matt@mattkingston.com) if you'd like to know any more.

Speak soon,
    Matt

4. jackocorn

jackocorn Member

Indeed I do have a copy. Whilst the pieces are graded (on a 6 star basis), I think that even the 1 star may not be suitable for ABSOLUTE beginners (above 3rd space C, etc) but like Matt says would be a useful tool for those that are starting to progress.

I also have the accompanying CDs (fine playing) that don't really do much for me as I am experienced enough to "know how it goes" (I hate really conductors who play at a rehearsal!) but again for beginners may be a handy pointer?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice