1000th Post

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Will the Sec, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

OK, so it's taken 15 Months and 6 days, taken in two area contests and one national finals, gigs in Kensington Gardens, Golder's Hill, the Beer Festival, churches the Strawberry Fayre, Parson's Green Fate, but alas, not Stamford Bridge.

I've come to know several great people on this forum, including but not limited to Dinie, Vickitorius, BBCBari, Dianamite, Mikelyons, Roger, Gavin Somerset, Nigel Hall, Jamie, Naruco, Kate_the_Horn, Akwarose, WoodenFlugel, Satchmo Shaz, Andy Wooler, Stephen Clapton, Peter Bale, BBbKeith, Big Twigge and Twigglet, FlugelGal, Keppler, Dyl, Sparkly, HorniKaz, Sam Atherton, Straightmute, Flashbarry, Anglo Music Press and so many more.

I've been lucky enough to meet a few of those - and look forward to meeting a few more.

Lots of composing avenues have been opened for me by being a member of this forum - not all successful, but the contacts and feedback has always been useful.

I've written pieces for tMP folk - The Groove, (for Kirsty and Keppler - coming soon from Pennine Music plug! plug!) the Ballad of the Wooden Flugel, (for WoodenFlugel Duh!! - coming soon from???? Well, we'll see!) and am writing a march for a favourite tMPer of mine.

Yes, folks, all of these things have occurred since I went from post number one to post number 1000, but it can be summed up in three words.

John, thank you.
  2. HBB

HBB Active Member

Congratulations Will!! :D
  3. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Well done Will.

See, its how you get there that counts & not the journey :oops: (suppose I am a bit of a speed demon!)
  4. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Well done Will.

How many of the 3 score and ten are left for you to make your next 1000? ;)
  5. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Congratulations Will!
  6. stephen_clapton

stephen_clapton New Member

Congratulations! :clap:
  7. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

You are most welcome Will... glad to have you around on tMP. Here's to the next 1,000 eh but for Christ's sake mate.... do it in less than 15 Months and 6 days eh!!! :biggrin::biggrin:
  8. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Well done, Will ;)

Does this call for another epic fanfare :?:
  9. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Well done Will, :clap:

Hopefully by post no. 2000 i'll be included amongst your list of friends/tmpers you've met. :( Can't have been far off meeting you at the Nationals in Harrogate last year, I spoke to DP briefly after you'd played.
  10. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Good work Will - welcome to the BOC's club...:biggrin:

It's great! And thanks for naming it after me (well my more well-known alter-ego anyway...). Now all we need to do is find a flugel player that can play it....;)
  11. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

:clap: Well done Will :clap:
    :clap: ​
  12. Will the Sec

I was going to comment on "quality, not quantity", John, but reviewing some of my posts over the 1,000, I'm not going to mention it after all...
  13. Will the Sec

You are far too modest, Ian. I look forward to hearing the piece debut....

PS posted it today!
  14. Posts

Well, let's see. According to tMP, I'm posting at a rate of .33 messages a day, so if my calculations are correct, it will take me eight and a half years to get my thousanth post!

Oh, and congratulation, Will! :clap: