100+ Trombone quartets for sale.

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by julian, Apr 28, 2013.

1. julian

julian Member

For all you trombone players out there, I have just listed on Ebay 100+ trombone quartets as ONE LOT. They are original big band arrangments from the 1960's by the band leader BURT RHODES (you will find him on the internet - he did a lot of the film scoring on the film Dr. No and wrote the theme tune to 'The Good Life' and was the resident band leader at the 'Talk of the town' for a number of years).
    They are all original manuscripts, not photocopies and so will be unique to you.

Please note that this is REAL MUSIC and not a download disc. It is VERY HEAVY and you must be able to collect from me in S.W. London!

Feel free to PM me with any question.

2. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

Were these arrangements ever licenced ?
  3. julian

julian Member

Hi Andrew,

I would imagine so as they were nearly all broadcast on BBC radio, but as they were all done and used in the early 60's and the arranger is dead, I wouldn't begin to know how to check, but they do all have the original copyright owners name on them. I would also imagine that many of them are well out of copyright by now anyway. Anyway, good fun just to rehearse, but if potential purchasers wanted to publically perform them, or if indeed someone wanted to reproduce them in any way (including one man band publishers!), then they should checkout copyright implications for themselves.

Hope this helps,
  4. julian

julian Member

Now sold.