10 piece music

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by DiG that cornet, Jun 26, 2009.

1. I'm looking for suggestions for decent 10 piece arrangements suitable for pretty much any occasion as we have hardly any in our library, and those we have are rather ancient. Any suggestions as to what is good and the best (and cheapest!) place to get it from please!!?

2. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

Most of my music at www.pdfbrass.com is playable by 10 piece and always happy to advise or re-arrange. £7 per set for PDF files.

3. Mode For....

Mode For.... Member

4. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

We played 'Doyen' as a ten-piece at a comp years ago, and it worked well. We're doing it again this weekend as a slightly larger ensemble at a Music Festival. A smashing little piece it is too. Interestingly, the band that beat us in the ten piece comp played 'Force of Destiny', and it slightly outshone us at the time... :confused:

5. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

Is the Doyen arrangement a legal one?
    If so, where did you get it from?

6. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

Totally legit! All we did was condense the original set and just ensure that the imporant parts were covered, even if that meant 3rd cornet putting in the flugel part, a horn putting in the odd sop bit, etc. It does work, and the advantage is a smaller ensemble means it doesn't get blasted to pieces! Try it.. :D

7. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

8. Thanks for that. Is that the Goff Richards one? If so we've got it in the library so I'll dig it out.

We did a 12 piece job at the weekend with "normal" sets of music just cut down. Some worked better than others so if anyone has any more suggestions I would be grateful. Saves buying more music if we can utilise what's already in the library!