01 811 8055

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by dyl, Dec 29, 2006.

1. dyl

dyl Active Member

Anyone else watch the Swap Shop reunion thingy tonight on BBC2? God I feel old now................
  2. Di

Di Active Member

We saw some of it. I remember the number too! I phoned through and spoke to

Max Boyce! :biggrin::rolleyes:
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I used to watch it all the time but missed yesterdays show. Was it good...?
  4. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Ahh warm fuzzy nostalgic feeling. Great viewing last night, I can't believe it was 30 years ago. I do remember the number, probably because I used to spend just about every Saturday morning ringing it unsuccessfully.

I also have a vague memory of going to see Cheggers at one of the outside swap thingys. I might be wrong there, I'll have to ask my Mum later.
  5. gawber

gawber Active Member

I really enjoyed the programme last night and all the memories it brought back.
  6. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Swap-Shop was for wimps... cool kids watched TISWAS.
  7. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Quoth Mr Henry last night... "Are you watching Noel Edmonds? You don't get this on Swap Shop..."

I recall some girls ast school practising dialling 811 8055 so "as soon as the lines are open, we'll get through." Their favourite band was on at the weekend. They didn't get through.

Oh, for the days of phone dials and rattling the hand set to get a clearer sound.......
  8. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Youve got that the wrong way round:biggrin:
  9. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Funnily enough I was chatting to a mate about this today, prompted by last nights programme. We're both the same age and neither of us watched, or was in the least bit bothered by Tiswas. OK, so thats two 30-somethings in a population on millions, but we came to the conclusion that it was down to Tiswas being a bit too "old" for us when it started and we were then more comfortable with dear old Noel and his collection of knitwear. When Swap Shop started I was 5, so maybe too young, but I defintely remember the last couple of series when I would've been 10-12, still too young to understand what Tarrant and his assorted anarchists were on about, I think. Had I been five years older (heaven forbid!) or Tiswas come that bit later, maybe I'd have been more interested.

Well it worked for our discussion anyway....

Saturday Superstore with Mike Reid, Mike Reid, 275 and 285...* was pants though.

* If you don't remember, ask your Parents :rolleyes:
  10. Di

Di Active Member

Thanks for the advice Ian, I think I'd better. :biggrin:;)
  11. Ruthless

Ruthless Member

For those who missed it, it will be repeated 6.10pm BBC2 New years Eve.
  12. rikster

rikster New Member

Im afraid I was a channel swapper, couldnt make up my mind which was best, Sally james or Maggie philbin, It was a great program though
  13. gawber

gawber Active Member

Apparently there's to be a one off revival of TISWAS in the New year.