00AL Wanted

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Andy Tasker, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Andy Tasker

Andy Tasker Member

Do any fellow Tromboffenors have a Denis Wick 00AL Bass Trombone Mouthpiece hanging around that they don't use or would part with please?

Cheers

Andy

2. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Sorry, don't have one of those in my mouthpiece box. Much bigger than I like.

Andy Tasker likes this.
  3. 2nd tenor

2nd tenor Well-Known Member

There has been but one response to your question and I assume that you haven’t managed to get the required Wick.

From reading on-line and chatting to a couple of Bass Trombone players the 00AL isn’t popular with with them, they feel that it’s too big for their purposes. If you have some flexibility in make and size, and would say why the Wick was wanted, then you might get some suggestions on alternatives that could work for you.

4. Andy Tasker

Andy Tasker Member

Hi the reason I wanted a 00AL was to help swapping between a 3L Heritage EEb Bass mouthpiece and Bass Trom.

5. 2nd tenor

I’d guess that you’d have more luck if you were happy to concider other makes of a similar size. There was a Doug Yeo piece for sale a few days back that went for £30, I’d have thought that that would have been OK.

6. MoominDave

The Yeo's a fair bit smaller. I suggested to Andy on his Facebook thread asking the same question that a Rath B1 Mark Frost model might work - similar size to 00AL, but (for my money) a much better design.

7. 2nd tenor

I’m confused about that, perhaps I’m reading the on-line spec’s incorrectly. What other alternatives have been suggested?

8. MoominDave

Don't get caught up in comparing specs between different manufacturers - often the numbers are inconsistent between makers. There's also more to the overall size of the mouthpiece than just the inner rim measurement - cup depth, openness of throat, openness of backbore.

9. trombo

trombo Member

I have a Rath 1.25 bass trombone Mouthpiece in gold plate (used very little) and a Denis Wick Heritage 1AL which are surplus to requirements. Rath £55.00 ono including postage, or the Denis Wick at £40.00 ono including postage. Tending to use smaller bass trom mouthpieces now.

If you are interested in either of these please pm me or email:brassmattaz@gmail.com

Hoping that I can help!

Thank you for your interest.

trombo/Steve Ford
    (Bass Trombone with Todmorden Orchestra & Bones North Trombones)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  10. BoomtownRath

BoomtownRath Member

I will have a look at home, it is quite possible that I have either a 0AL or a 00AL.

11. trombo

trombo Member

If it is an 0AL, I may be interested in buying off you. What would you want for it.

Thank you.

tromboSteve Ford

12. BoomtownRath

BoomtownRath Member

Hi sorry for not gettin back to you sooner. Yes have a 0AL if you want it.

I live in the Netherlands, postage costs €13 to the UK. I have not used the mouthpiece in 10 years but is in great condition. Silver plated.

£25.00

That includes the shipping!

Is that reasonable?

Regards

Neil.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  13. trombo

trombo Member

Is it an heritage or classic?

Please let me know

Thank you and every good wish,

trombo

14. 2nd tenor

If you are still looking then there are a couple on eBay at the moment.

15. Andy Tasker

Andy Tasker Member

Thanks guys but I am sorted now

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice